Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, (live chat) Written a couple of things

Dear Dr. Keane, (live chat) Written a couple of things... I am checking in today in case you also do that and in case we can chat. I hope that you still want to chat. I've been working a lot in reducing some of my anxiety that I could feel build last week after and before that GP appointment. You're right about it being a blood test for thyroid. I hadn't thought of mentioning that before, sorry. I know it can't be that bad really and if there is something not right, then it's not right. I am sure that's the attitude I should be taking, just not very good at that. I should probably have just of had her do the test there and then during my last appointment. I suppose I should make an appointment for when I can for the blood test. I know you are right when you said "go ahead", the sensible thoughts are that I should just do it, get it done. I know that. I am working very hard to get past the irrational fear. Will I still be able to talk to you, let you know the outcome of that appointment too? About the grief of before, I think I'm getting over that a bit more, especially since the house I walk past was put up for sale. I completely forgot until today to tell you that the story times went well during the summer. I think there are a couple of small things i'd do differently if there's a next time, but all in all it was a good result. I really would like to "talk" with you if possible. These are my current thoughts anyway. I take it you were busy on Friday to be online before it was midnight for me? Oh, can't remember if I told you but US is getting season 3 of DA in January. We're getting it next month. US may be getting Call the Midwife, another BBC drama, but I don't know if it's the UK version we saw or if they've re-made it for the US. The UK drama of it was good. Based on a real midwife's memoirs of East End London in the 1950's. I just thought I'd say in case it does happen and in case you are interested in that as well. You'll probably find the UK BBC drama somewhere online. Only had 1 season so far with another to come. When are you getting the next season of Homeland, do you know yet? That was so well done! I hope you had a good week.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, see you are here standing by I'll remain here for awhile and see if we can connect

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I am here.

Dr.Keane :

good! connect!

Dr.Keane :

how are you today

Customer:

sort of ok.

Customer:

It was a busy morning at work.

Dr.Keane :

you are working hard to get past your irrational fears. Once you know they are fears, real or irrational doing nothing doesn't get you past them....so you allow yourself to take the risk

Dr.Keane :

busy is good, now you can relax the rest of the day right?

Customer:

absolutely.

Customer:

well, sort of been doing that, done a bit of writing, not done that for ages and had a film on for a bit.

Dr.Keane :

good you need that

Customer:

I know that I should just let the GP just do the blood test and then that'll be that and it probably isn't anything to do with the thyroid, but I suppose I should get it looked at anyway. As I said in the post, I know you are right about that.

Customer:

Well, I do try to do nice things at the weekend. Especially a Saturday. Had lots of fun at a festival last weekend.

Dr.Keane :

My thoughts are why not, if they can rule out thyroid issues then that' one less worry for you. You are healthy and young and I think I told you that that is routine in our physicals here.

Customer:

yes, think so.

Dr.Keane :

Glad to hear you had a good time last weekend, enjoy the warm weather because winter comes fast

Customer:

oh I know, it's , oh it looks like it's tryin to rain now, but had lots of warm weather to enjoy.

Customer:

Walked a lot recently

Dr.Keane :

Once we lose these long days a lot of people are not as happy! I know I"m not thrilled with the darkness at 4 pm! Love the fall season but hate to see the days get shorter.

Customer:

I'm not a fan of the short cold days either.

Customer:

I just get miserable if I feel too cold.

Customer:

ok, that was interesting, went initializing, but see it's still connected, so that's good.

Dr.Keane :

walking is good for you, but I think most Europeans walk more than we do here. Most of us unless we live in a large city (like NY where parking is awful and expensive) depend on our cars more than we should.

Dr.Keane :

I see you are stepping out the chat and then back in, not sure what that is all about.

Customer:

I saw a documentary about that once

Customer:

No idea what that's all about, I am here and will be until we say bye

Customer:

so even though it's doing weird things I don't ever step out until you have

Customer:

I think a lot of people here depend on their cars a lot too, but there are good places to walk here.

Dr.Keane :

I have not heard of the midwife series I'll look into it. I did find Forsythe Saga which I had seen a few times but found it online and watched it till the end. Not exactly sure when Homeland is coming back, soon I think. DA in January, that I knew.

Customer:

I liked the Forsyte Series, glad you found that, I was trying to remember if I mentioned that to you or not.

Dr.Keane :

So you walked past the house and saw the "for sale" sign? what was your reaction?

Customer:

It was strange, I didn't seem to have too much of a reaction, except the thought of oh, they've put it up for sale.

Customer:

Is that normal? I was sort of expecting them to have it up for sale and had tried to imagine new people living there

Dr.Keane :

and life goes on! Things change and we adapt. It's normal of course

Customer:

well, that's reassuring.

Dr.Keane :

well once it sells you won't have to imagine new people, you'll meet them I'm sure!

Customer:

probably.

Customer:

interesting meeting new people at times

Dr.Keane :

all in due time of course, they will be neighbors right? always interesting to meet new people.

Customer:

yes they'll be neighbours.

Customer:

may have a few new neighbours on my street all in due time.

Dr.Keane :

Keep up the good work with your anxiety reducing efforts, they are paying off and you are learning how to maintain, that's good.

Customer:

so, even though we've been talking for, well, quite some time, you're still okay with it?

Customer:

I was thinking that for some reason the other day, and I thought it only polite to check.

Dr.Keane :

Yes, I have told you that many times, If it wasn't okay, I'd tell you. This isn't therapy, you know that but it seems to help you so I'm here when you need to chat, after we play "connect", that's been a bit of an issue, probably due to time differences. But I'm here ......I have to sign off for now, glad I was able to catch you today. My day is really just getting started, later than I wished but have many things to get done this weekend.

Customer:

Thank you so much for your time.

Customer:

I hope you have a good weekend.

Dr.Keane :

I believe you are much calmer and more relaxed, that's a good thing. Yes, things will come up but you are equipped to handle them better now. You have a good weekend too. Glad we "connected" today.