KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.

where to get help with diagnosis of ptsd and tbi . the kind

where to get help with diagnosis of ptsd and tbi . the kind of help i need is not medication it is knowledge of how to deal with it and become stronger.. so i may help others. this diagnosis was due to combat situations and deaths that occurred to soldiers close to me

KansasTherapist : Hello
KansasTherapist : Are you or were you in the military?
KansasTherapist : If so the VA is a good choice.

i just got out last year.5 months after my second tour i ended my contract.

KansasTherapist : Since your out now, you have access to VA services.
KansasTherapist : There are large numbers of vets who are dealing with these issues.

it has crossed my mind. but pride, and having a mindset of being strong makes breaking a very hard thing to do

KansasTherapist : Those are feelings that many vets face. At the VA you'll meet people who have had experiences similar to your and can understand what you're going through.

true, but vets that were involved with, and fell as deep in their job as i did, they are few and its a pain that i wasnt ready for

KansasTherapist : You were willing to seek help here today. That was your first step. The next is to get your TBI evaluated by the VA? Once your there you can better judge whether they have other services that might help you. I think it's like joining a new unit. You have to see what's going on and spend some time learning to depend on the other guys.