KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.

my wife is getting bad mood swings nearly everyday. She can

my wife is getting bad mood swings nearly everyday. She can be happy and loses her temper the next half an hour. her anger may be triggered by small matters. does she have a bipolar disorder. If so, is there any treatments.

KansasTherapist : Hello
KansasTherapist : There are other symptoms she would need to have to be diagnoses with Bipolar Disorder. The primary one is mania. That is talking fast as though she can't stop, sleeping very little or not at all, having grandiose ideas, and possibly hallucinations.
KansasTherapist : It is also possible that your wife is suffering from depression. Many people are easily angered by small things when they are depressed.
KansasTherapist : Symptoms of depression are difficulty sleeping or sleeping too much, eating more or less than usual, of
KansasTherapist : Over all feeling of sadness, hopelessness, lack of interest in thing she used to enjoy, and lack of energy.
KansasTherapist : It's important to be aware that depression can have a physical cause, like low thyroid. If she will agree, it would be good to start with a medical check up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What sort of medical treatment should I enquired? She does have problems alo with her eating habits. Will giving birth cause depressions or bipolar disorders, cause she gave birth to 2 kids already. The last one was 1 and a half a year ago. A mood swing become worsen when she have short sleeping hours or tired. When I try to cool her down, she will often mistakenly thinks that i am shouting at her back or lecturing her..Do this sort of behaviour mean anyhting

The treatment for Bipolar Disorder is medication to stabilize the mood. Depression can also be treated with medication, therapy, and exercise. Many women do have problems with depression or Bipolar after the birth of a child, but it usually starts within weeks or months after birth. many women also have trouble with their mood as part of their premenstrual symptoms. As to her reaction to you trying to calm her, it sounds like her anger is escalating in that situation. Perhaps sometime when she's feeling calm you can talk about what you can do that would help her when she's feeling that way.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Should i see this as a sickness and look for medical attention for her or just accept that this is just her character.