psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

I HAVE TWINS SONS 23 YRS OLD ONE IS VERY SOCIAL OTHERONE LIVE

I HAVE TWINS SONS 23 YRS OLD ONE IS VERY SOCIAL OTHERONE LIVE ALONE STUTTER AND DEPRESS ALL THE TIME SOMETIMES HE TALK TO HIMSELF WHAT TO DO

The first question is whether the concerta is given by a doctor or a psychiatrist. Medication is often not enough to fix a mental health issue. Not only does someone have to be monitored especially in the beginning, sometimes it takes multiple trials of multiple medications for the right solution to be found. Often a therapist has to work for this professional because they have more contact with the patient and often can follow them over the course of their illness. Crisis can be avoided because you have a full time therapist who can be contacted at any time and knows his diagnosis and his triggers. Doctors and psychiatrists often do not follow a patient closely but give medication in the hopes that the medication is enough. It often isn't. No one can give a diagnosis over the internet but he needs to absolutely be diagnosed by a professional whether that is a psychologist or a therapist and a reasonable schedule created to benefit him now and in the future. If you find that he is beyond getting an outpatient appointment you can have him evaluated by a nearby hospital who will stabilize him but they too will focus on medication. I would find a therapist in your area by logging onto the American Psychological Association

Please press positive feedback so I am compensated