Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane All about the appointment.

Dear Dr. Keane, All about the appointment. It would appear that we perhaps missed each other earlier, anyway, I have been given some more fluoxitine, same as before but 6 months worth rather than the 3 months worth so I don't need to go back so often. I've been told I can take them as and when I need to for during the time of pmt. So I can take them once every other day if I want so to minimise some side effects.I told her all about the side-effects I'd endured and how they eased, tiredness doesn't seem to ease but at least I've not nearly fainted again. I had been trying taking the pills every other day anyway after awhile, so, glad that's ok. She says pms or pmt is hard to treat and to take the medication as I need to. I asked about my scalp. It was clear, as I had thought, but they have offered a thyroid test. I don't know whether to take them up on it or not. I don't have any of the other symptoms so part of me thinks I might be wasting their time and part of me wonders if I should just do it and then I'd know one way or another. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about it and told me to go and think about it, which I am doing. She doesn't think there would be anything wrong with it as usually more than one symptom is presented, but not impossible. I am bit by bit looking into it. You see, it was more my mum that was going on and on since the appointment previous to this most recent one that made me more concerned. I know you aren't an md and that isn't what I am looking for. I am just looking for a bit of reassurance and just to be able to talk it over and talk over the appointment as a whole. I remembered to use every technique to try and be calmer than I would have been otherwise. I really, really hope we can chat, although if we don't manage to catch up in chat then any of your wise and reassuring words would help. I added all this to our previous chat and I have noticed just now that that got closed, that was a bit stressful, glad I noticed that. I really hope that you still want to help and that I cn continue to chat to you and ask you things, even though it's been quite a long time I've been seeking help from you. I still find that what you say and do for me helps such a lot and I'm glad that you listen.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 2 years ago.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, sorry I missed you again, been busier than I thought today. I like that your GP gave you options, and you are comfortable with them. As for the thyroid test, go ahead and get it done, I believe it's only a blood test and that will just be one more thing you don't have to be concerned about. Rule it out and be done with it. You aren't wasting anyone's time, you are looking out for yourself. I'll try and check back tomorrow when it's not midnight for you!!

Customer:

hi

Customer:

I am so busy with work tomorrow. I'll work out times of when I know I can be online. I like the GP gave me options too. I'll try to check back tomorrow too.

Customer:

the only time I can be absolutely sure I will get proper access to my computer today, when it isn't so early for you, is around 8pm my time. I'm in and out a lot until then for work. I'll check when I can, it just won't be much until 8pm my time. I'm sure we'll catch up at somepoint, this or next week. I'm glad I'm not wasting anyone's time.

Customer:

Actually, you know what, I will try to be here from 7:30pm my time. I'm sorry I quite possibly won't be able to during your morning too much, at least not today anyway. If I don't make it by then it will definitely be by 8pm.

Customer:

So, I've finally finished work for the day, so I will wait and see if you manage to be online today.

Customer:

I am staying online in case you do manage at somepoint to be online, or at least I am going to try to. I'm supposing you've been very busy today too. I understand! It's nice that you want to check back, I'd like to chat, always interested in what you have to say, and I guess it'll happen some time. Again, I'm glad that you don't see me as wasting anyone's time.

Customer:

I'll keep trying. I'm tired just now. Hope to chat soon.

Customer:

I can be here during your morning today from around 9am your time today.

Customer:

please let me know if you have time to chat.

Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.