psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

I am constantly in trouble _ marriage problems, holding down

I am constantly in trouble _ marriage problems, holding down a job, money problems, take large dosages of anti depressants, two of my children don't speak to me ..... I'm totally sick of it, and can't see any way forward ....What can I do?

You have tried the options we have but may have found that they weren't effective for several reasons. Sometimes when people try counseling the therapist is not a good fit or they just become frustrated with the process. This can cause people to give up before the real work has been done to address the issue. The same issues can come about when taking medication. many people do not reach the point where they have found the right medication. This leads to hopelessness and the belief that medication doesn't work. Sometimes it takes dozens of medications before the right one is found and in what dosage. You also need to find a support system in the church if your beliefs are strong that this is a necessary part of your life. Use your belief system to find extra supports in the Christan faith and draw people to you for help. You may also find that a support group in whatever fashion helps you because the added contact with others serves as a way to give you what a therapist cannot. Also get support from friends and family. You have to be proactive no matter how frustrated you feel because you control whether you can get better and everyone can.

Please provide positive feedback so I am compensated