KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.

I got married at age 18. Divorced 7 1/2 years later. We got

I got married at age 18. Divorced 7 1/2 years later. We got together shortly after that. Lived together for another 20 years. Divorced again. We're back together again. Now we're having problems again. he says that I'm too negative and he needs friends and have a good time. I don't like his friends because some have past histories of being perferts, alcoholics, and still use. my ex- husband still uses too. I'm sick of living like this and I want him out of my life. Now he could do what he wants
It seems you've tried getting away from your husband more than once but it never last. Perhaps it would help for you to say what cause you to get back together with him.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I totally believe when u make a commitment u hold to that but now i'm just getting sick and tired of being treated i don't really have any feeling on the he treats me

There must be something that has made you believe, in the past, that there's hope for the relationship. The reason I'm asking about this is that understanding what makes you go back will help to break the cycle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have two sons and i feel it is his responsibility to provide for them and be a man and a dad to them but his good times and liquor seems to be his way out. now we have grand children and one great grand daughter. Again, he needs to be there for them

It doesn't seem that you being with him changes his behavior. His primary relationship is with alcohol, not with his children, not with his grandchildren, and not with you. As long as you believe you can change him, you'll keep trying. The first step to having a life of you own would be to accept that he is the only one who can choose to change.