Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, (live chat) Can we chat please?

Dear Dr. Keane,(live chat if possible) I would like to chat about the upcoming GP appointment if that is at all possible. I get nervous each time I think about it, partly because I may need to ask her about something else that I've been putting off... I know that you have probably just returned from vacation so I understand if you haven't the time right now, but I'll try to be here for a bit anyway, just incase. I hope you had lovely vacation. Oh and I read recently that as planets move and become less retrograde then people's moods are said to stabilize according to astrology. For example they would become less cranky; not that I have come across many people who felt any more cranky than they would do normally, just 2 out of a few people I'd asked. like I said in my previous piece of research. I really would be happy to do more research for you if you'd like. I did also learn something from it too. I also don't know if it makes a difference to you but I no longer have a subscription for JA as the category I post in doesn't offer that and they've been tightening that side of things up. I will however continue to make sure you get paid and hope to continue to be able to post and chat to you. I hope that we can chat soon.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, sorry I was not here long enough to connect, I'll try back during the day

Customer:

Hi

Dr.Keane :

oh you are here, good

Customer:

just got back here.

Dr.Keane :

So you are going to the GP soon.....

Customer:

Hope you had a nice trip away and glad that the research I did for you was alright for you

Customer:

Yes on Tuesday

Dr.Keane :

I did and now I know more about what was being talked about in terms of "cranky" and planets, not sure I buy it or would live by it but it's interesting.

Customer:

I don't buy or live by any of that either

Dr.Keane :

thanks for taking the time to research

Customer:

but was happy to do that for you. Not a problem

Dr.Keane :

On Tuesday, do you have questions, or concerns for the GP

Customer:

I don't really know what to ask except I am going to see if she can give me more of the fluoxitine, as much as I don't like it, for those 10 days it did help I think.

Customer:

I'm going to see if she can give it to me on the same dosage and again to be taken for 10 days over 3 months.

Dr.Keane :

If it works then why not. You said you have been putting off asking something else, is asking for more fluoxitine it?

Customer:

sort of and also because I need someone to look at the dryness of my scalp.

Dr.Keane :

You just need to tell her how you have been doing on the medication and she will probably offer another three months, you may not have to "ask"

Customer:

okay

Dr.Keane :

Ok, might as well ask her anything that you feel needs to be addressed..if you want to see a specialist about your scalp make sure you ask for referral to dermatologist. Many doctors will say, oh, dry scalp use this or that

Customer:

it has been an ongoing thing since my teens

Customer:

so have had many a different shampoo. I just worry about what they might now say.

Dr.Keane :

lots of reasons for dry scalp, but it it's going on since your teens I'd ask to see a specialist. What they would say? Why would you worry about that?

Customer:

in ongoing, I mean it's just something that happens every so often

Customer:

incase it is something bad

Dr.Keane :

Well even if it is something "bad", which is probably isn't, worrying about it won't help, or change it. You are going to the doctor so wait and see what they say.

Customer:

I know it won't change it. I'm obviously a bit useless in these situations at times.

Dr.Keane :

waste of good energy to worry about it.....could be any number of things, from hair products to summer sun. You aren't useless you just forgot to use your "tools" so you don't worry!

Customer:

I do often think it is probably summer sun.

Customer:

I have been trying to relax this last week and more times than not, quite successfully.

Customer:

and have had some time to do different things.

Dr.Keane :

You are probably right! That is great that you have been able to relax, the more you practice, the better it works.

I have to run and catch up on all the things left undone during vacation.

Dr.Keane :

how's the blog idea working out?

Customer:

It still needs work

Customer:

I can't seem to figure it all out properly

Customer:

I would like to have one though.

Customer:

I like that you remembered about that.

Dr.Keane :

so it's work in progress, that's good. Pick it up and work on it when you are in the mood and have the time...or make some time even if it's five minutes a day. Small steps get you to where you are going ...

Customer:

yes.

Dr.Keane :

Let me know how the appointment goes on Tuesday. Write down anything you need to ask so you don't forget.

Customer:

Thank you so much and I will do. Thanks for caring.

Dr.Keane :

Happy to be of help! Enjoy the rest of your day.

Customer:

Let me know if you want anything else researching.