psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

Since the death of my grandaughter, over 10 yrs ago I have

Since the death of my grandaughter, over 10 yrs ago I have been unable to physically cry or shed tears...but I experience syptoms of deep if I am can I resolve this deep sadness?

I would urge you to explore grief groups or grief counseling in your area. Sometimes when dealing with grief we need to consult someone to push ourselves through the grief process. This individual can be a psychologist or therapist who has expertise in grief counseling. You may wish to consult your pastor as well. If you wish to deal with this on your own you can get extensive information in the grief cycle by consulting self help material or online. You can even access online counseling where the issues can be resolved by working with someone online. Your inability to have emotions about this can be resolved with a professional. They can additional resolve any situational depression that may or may not be based on this event. When you move through the grief cycle you can begin to honor her as well as grieve for her. If you want a professional you can consult the site for the American Psychological Association.\

Please press excellent service so I am compensated