psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

I would like to thank you for your guidance regarding the issues

I would like to thank you for your guidance regarding the issues that i had. after a difficult divorce, i am thinking about getting married again. however, i am still in the middle of child custody battle. my oldest daughter has taken her mom side and i want to get to see her alot. however, due to the influence of her mom and her uncles, she refuses to come and talk to me. she feels that if she refuses to see me, I will come back and marry her mom again. a freind of mine told me that before i would start dating again, i should make her very comfortable with the idea. i like to know your feed back about this. she is very intellegent and stuborn. i see myslef in her. she is my first born and love her dearly. her mom and uncles have brained washed my beautiful daughter. she is 15 years old. please advise.

It is admirable that you are willing to do whatever necessary to see the children. Although your children may be angry now this is often not the case in later years. People can be angry when they don't understand their emotions in difficult times so part of this may be resolved on it's own. Being stubborn she may just be acting out her feelings about the divorce. I would slowly try to get her attention but if you push too hard it may cause her to feel more overwhelmed. Just slowly begin to get her to a place where if she has questions she can ask them. It takes baby steps sometimes. This will allow her the opportunity to share her thoughts and resolve them. This may take some rejection initially but in the end she is old enough to begin to form her own thoughts rather than the thoughts of others. Continue to offer to take her someplace private but don't plan too far ahead.

Please press excellent service so that I am compensated. Thanks