Alicia_MSW
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in mental health counseling
65143460

Hello Ive been having horrible anxiety/ panic Attacks lately.

Hello I've been having horrible anxiety/ panic Attacks lately. All day I have these different sensations threw my body. If i get one it's like my body panics. I get scalp tingling head pressure dizziness lightheaded heart pvcs muscle aches on twiches eye twiches etc. but as of late I get this heavy headed disconnected feeling with a off balance feeling. My question is
This possible to get all this it just comes out of no where will last a few hours or day then just go away in a split second snd it's fine.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jason, I'm Alicia. Thanks for your question. I'm happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your condition, and I realize how frightening it can be when a panic attack occurs. Many people who suffer from panic attacks/panic disorder describe similar symptoms to the ones you've been experiencing - feeling sensations like they might be having a heart attack, like they can't breathe or get enough air, or feeling like they're going crazy. In fact, panic attacks are one of the most common reasons for visits to the emergency room.

You might be interested in reading this information about panic attacks, their symptoms and treatment (although it is a pretty lengthy article, you might find it helpful to review):
http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Panic-Disorder.htm

Panic attacks normally last for around 10 minutes, but this is different for everyone. If you're having acute symptoms of a panic attack for an entire day, I'd be pretty concerned and would suggest that you see your doctor or schedule a visit to a psychiatrist as soon as possible. You should not have to suffer like this, and treatment (medication, psychotherapy, self-help techniques) can help. The heavy, disconnected, off-balance feeling is probably related to the panic attacks, but it's hard to say for sure just from what you're saying here without an in-person evaluation, so that's why I'd suggest a visit to your doctor.

Panic attacks also do seem to come from out of nowhere, so that part is not so unusual. That's what makes them seem so scary, because you can't predict when or where they're going to occur. And then they do often subside on their own, and you'll soon start feeling "back to normal," although you might feel exhausted or fatigued or nervous after the attack.

So to answer your question, it is very possible, and actually likely, that they come from out of nowhere. And the after-effects can last a while - although the actual, acute symptoms should subside after a relatively short period of time, you can still continue to feel symptoms of anxiety for several hours or days afterwards.

I hope this helps, and I hope you will seek professional help so you don't have to suffer like this. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What causes the out of it sensation almost like a dream like state that comes when I didn't have a Panic attack sometimes I just get this sensation all day. I also get like these mini attacks it feels like where a fear goes threw my head but then stops. A lot of times I get the fuzzy headed feeling out in public in a store or something but the it lingers the rest of the day. Is all this possible?

Hi again,

Again, it's hard to say for sure without seeing you in person, but what you're describing (the "out of it" feeling) sounds a bit like a symptom called depersonalization - and it is very common in people with anxiety and panic disorder. It means that you almost feel like you're out of your body, kind of like you're floating around a bit above your head, perhaps, or like you're not really "you." You might find this article on depersonalization helpful:
http://anxietyhelp.org/articles/man_article.html?id=72
But it is very possible that this is related to your panic attacks.
The fear you describe going through your head and the fuzzy headed feeling can also be related to this, so it's definitely possible that it's all being caused by the same thing, namely, the panic and anxiety - but you want to make sure that it's not being caused by something else medically related, so I would suggest that you check it out with a doctor, just to be safe.

I hope this helps and that you can get some relief from these symptoms soon.
Please let me know if I can help further. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it also common to feel every little body sensation like I'll get a little Pain or tingle and it's like a alarm goes off in my body it's very annoying also feel exhausted all the time.
The symptoms you're describing can be associated with the anxiety and panic you've been experiencing. During times of anxiety or a panic attack, your body can become hypersensitive to any type of stimuli, so you might feel, for example, hyper-aware of certain bodily sensations (as you mention, pain or tingling sensations), you might feel more sensitive to light or noise. It's an over-activation of your body's fight or flight mechanism - basically, it's the system that your body uses to protect you from danger, except with an anxiety disorder, that system malfunctions and goes on "hyper-alert" mode. So it's not so unusual that you're feeling this way, and yes, it is a somewhat common symptom in patients who have anxiety and panic disorder.
Good luck.
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience: Specializing in mental health counseling