KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.

No patience irritability always in rush effect ing my job

No patience irritability always in rush effect ing my job relationship
Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

You have written a very brief description of your situation - about a dozen words. It seems that you are under a great deal of stress, and are consequently feeling depressed.

I would love to talk some more about this with you, but you will have to tell me more about yourself: age, gender, occupation, social life, family status, and all the stressors in you life.

Why are you always in such a rush?

Please tell me more and I will be able to give you a more thorough and helpful answer.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
male40 oilfield worker married no children start off good in morning but somthing simple will really get me going lr.get mad ca nt concentrate people notice like be alone not depressed feel got goodlife feel lucky at times but th dings dont go my way get pissed wanna fight later feel exhausrted
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Did. Not receive can't find
You do have a number of symptoms of depression, irritability, difficulty concentrating, wanting to be alone, tired much of the time. The fact that you have a good life doesn't necessarily rule depression out. Are you having any trouble sleeping, or sleeping too much? Any change in your appetite or weight?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i feel like i sleep well just snap at people often cry when see or hear good act or deed on e i get in rush mode cant stop when i work work hard wont stop for anything just keep going just wish i could calm down quicker somedays worse than others but happens more often it seams

My honest opinion is that you would benefit from trying an antidepressant. You may not have a feeling that means depression to you, but I think with all the symptoms you have, that seems most likely to work for you.
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience: 17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
Dear friend,

I believe that the advice you received from L. Benson is not sound and possibly very risky, and I have so informed her. Being so driven as you say you are, that you can't even stop for anything is an indicator that you may have bipolar disorder, which is a mood disorder, that can include elements of depression, but also of manic behavior, which is very driven, such as you describe.

Of course you need a proper diagnosis, but if you do have bipolar, then it may be very harmful to you to take an antidepressant, and this kind of medication can increase your manic behavior, trigger swings between mania and depression, causing rapid cycling between the two states, or even cause mania and depression to work at the same time.

The result of this could be catastrophic and lead you to a breakdown, or to suicidal thinking or behavior.

You condition warrants an examination by a medical doctor who specializes in mental disorders and psychotropic drugs. They are called psychiatrists and are best suited to treat you for bipolar disorder, if that is indeed what you have.

Many general practitioners make the same mistake of giving antidepressants to polar patients, thus sending them to the hospital.

I urge you to get a professional opinion with a face-to-face examination with a psychiatrist.

This disorder can be controlled.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i will see a doctor thank you Elliot surely dont wanna make matters worse

Best to you, my friend.

Warm regards,

Thank you for choosing this website. My approach is mental health not mental illness. I would like to offer another opinion as to what's going on. The stress of not being able to be with your wife and having such a demanding job that requires intense physical labor may be making you lose your temper and become irritable. The most common complaint among men who have been separated from their families to work is being short tempered. This is especially true if the job is as demanding as working on an oil rig. You notice that you feel better after you visited your wife? If so much of your problems may have been caused by you being separated from the woman you love who is able to calm you down and put things in perspective. Let me know what you think of this perspective.