TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Hi, I am 29 years old, male. For the last few years, I am having

Hi, I am 29 years old, male. For the last few years, I am having problem with my memory. This thing has become worse in the last 2 years. I used to have a very good memory. I want to see a doctor for this and want to know if I should see a 'psychiatrist' or a 'neurologist' for this issue.
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

If you feel that your memory loss has nothing to do with any type of emotional issues like a recent trauma or depression, then a neurologist is the best doctor for you to see. You also may want to see a neurologist to rule out any possible physical cause for your memory loss. Anytime you have a physical symptom, it is always a good idea to have a physical cause ruled out first before considering a psychological reason for what you are experiencing. You don't want to be getting psychological treatment for a symptom that turns out to have physical cause.

I hope this has helped you,