KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.

been in a violent marriage but have met someone really special

been in a violent marriage but have met someone really special that i love but i never feel in the mood for sex nor get aroused like other women might? am i odd. I am 44yrs old not on change and can still have children

KansasTherapist :

KansasTherapist :

Do you take any medications?

KansasTherapist :

It looks like there is trouble with the system. I'll change to Q&A which should fix the problem. Check you're email for a response.

Hopefully this will work better.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not on any medication
Were you more interested in sex in your past relationship?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

in the begining before the violence sex was good he was my second marriage the first was way better we were both virgins so learnt things together but were too young.

things are better now there is no violence and we do everything together even come back from a 17 day cruise. it must be me?

Did your ex use sex as a means for violence, or force you to have sex with him?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
lot of the time he did and expected it every day life was exhausting with him lost a lot of weight when i left him i was 6stone. now i am 10stone go figure.
Your history of having to deal with sexual demands and sexual violence has likely had a major effect on you. Being hurt, or forced have been connected with sex in your brain. Sometimes these past connections are very hard to get rid of. If you're not in therapy, I urge you to go. It could help with your sexually issues as well as trust, feelings of safety, anxiety, and other left overs of past trauma. Being in a healthy relationship is a good start, but it doesn't fix everything.