psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

If I make a mistake and my husband stays angry by not communicating

If I make a mistake and my husband stays angry by not communicating or becomes detached emotionally for a period of three to four days and does not easliy grant forgiveness. Is this considered emotion?

This seems like a very draining relationship. This is almost a lack of emotion. He seems to engage in what we call passive aggressive behavior. An example is that instead of communicating he behaves in such as way to show he is angry but in a very passive way. This forces you to be apologetic and approach him as the initiator of a truce. He takes no action himself. Passive aggressive behavior always favors the person being silent. This does not solve problems in a relationship and instead are momentary successes for him. The problems just get pushed to the side because this is unproductive. The best way to resolve this style of fighting is to commit to a marriage counselor so that other skills can be taught and the reason for this style of fighting is uncovered. Maybe he doesn't know how to resolve problems any other way. This may be a behavior that he depends on because he doesn't know anything else. Another way to resolve this is to work diligently together. My favorite guide is the Mars and Venus series. You can decide how you want to proceed but both entail getting him to work with you. Otherwise solving problems within a couple is difficult

Please press excellent service so that I am compensated