Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

Is venalafaxine any help to correct brain inbalance

NormanM :

Hello, I'm Norman. Are you ready to chat

NormanM :

I see that you are still offline, so I'm going to switch this to Question and Answer mode and leave a reply for you there

Venlafaxine is a later generation anti-depressant which is designed to' balance out' the brain chemicals serotonin and norepinephrine where there is a problem. There are no tests to difinitively measure the effective levels of these chemicals in the brain, so like al aother anti-depressants, Vanlafaxine is given on an emprical basis - in other words, we know it works by observing the results.

Venlafaxine is generally very effective.

It is a generally well tolerated drug, and requires no special precautions when being prescribed for elderly people. For some people with kidney or liver problems, a less than standard dose may be needed.

People using Venlafaxine should, if they are discintinuing the use of the medicine, come off it gradually to avoid some unpleasant side effects which can hapen if the drug is stopped suddenly.

You will find the full technical details of Venlafaxine here.