Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

My son is six years old and though he has gone to pre-school

My son is six years old and though he has gone to pre-school and kindergarten he still does not recognize or know his alphabet and a great deal else. What I want to know is what could be causing his inability to retain information?

NormanM :

Hello, I'm Norman. Are you ready to chat?

There are several reasons why your son may be having this difficulty. These would include ADHD, dyslexia and the autism spectrum of problems.

The most likely possibility is that he may be dyslexic, and you will find some extremely useful information on that here.

However, that is by no means certain, and what is urgent is to have him seen by a pediatric psychologist as soon as possible, so that the exact nature of his difficulties can be determined, and appropriate treatment started.

It would be quite unwise to suggest a diagnosis without seeing your child and yourself in person, as I am sure you will appreciate.

Please don't delay, and have this investigated as soon as you can.
Hi - I wonder what I have missed out on telling you that has prompted you to leave a 'Bad Service' Rating.

Can you tell me, so that I can perhaps give you are more satisfactory answer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the answer. I am sorry about the enitial rating, while the site said you had posted a response ,I didn't see one. At least now I can research this things and try to help my son by learning myself. Thank you

You're more than welcome , Rebbecca.. Seriously though, a professional assessment is needed here.