Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane (live chat), please can we chat. I feel that

Dear Dr. Keane (live chat), please can we chat. I feel that I really need to chat with someone. I can be here online for a bit - until 1:20 my time and then from 4 my time.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 2 years ago.

Dr.Keane :

Hi

Customer:

Hi

Dr.Keane :

sorry I missed you yesterday

Customer:

just got back from work......sorry I missed you yesterday too. Spontaneously went out after you saying you weren't at the computer

Dr.Keane :

I wasn't for the most part, glad you were spontaneous and went out.

Dr.Keane :

going to be off a lot come Thursday, beach time for a week and not sure how good internet will be

Customer:

I was thinking about you saying about being spontaneous, so you can take credit for that.

Customer:

I was thinking about the process of grief and wondering how long it really takes.
There have been days when I've been fine about the 2 people dying now and I've
accepted that. Just seems once in awhile when I pass the neighbour's house,
where one of them used to live it feels a little odd her no longer being there
and other times it's fine.

Dr.Keane :

well glad you did! why not is what I say.....

Customer:

Wow you are off the beach.......how lovely. I am glad that you are able to get away for a time yourself. How long are you away for?

Customer:

sorry, missed the fact you said a week. I am very happy for you.

Dr.Keane :

There are no time limits, some people grieve for a short time and others years. It's quite normal to feel sad when you pass her house.

Dr.Keane :

Be gone for 9 / 10 days

Customer:

that's a nice amount of time. I appreciate you letting me know.

Dr.Keane :

Well it

Dr.Keane :

has been a bit of a time getting online for any length of time

Dr.Keane :

summer is usually a bit quiet, not this year

Customer:

summer is usually quieter for me too and again not this year, some years are different to others I suppose.

Dr.Keane :

they are, you said you had a bad night what happened?

Customer:

I don't really know. I had a lovely day. Was all organised and psyched up for the story-telling sessions today, this morning went well as I knew it probably would and I just felt

Customer:

I just didn't sleep very well and felt all uptight.

Customer:

like I say, had a great day, had a lovely lunch, a nice walk around a town, took photos, saw a gold post-box - they're doing that in towns where there has been an olympic gold medalist.

Dr.Keane :

Unfortunate. You know how to undo uptight, deep breaths. Maybe you need to remind yourself that it works to get back to sleep!

Customer:

I had it in my mind that you probably got caught up at work or whatever as these things happen. So the only thing I could think of was the story-telling today. I have done it before but not for work.

Customer:

Yes I do know how to undo uptight and had been taking deep breaths. It did help

Customer:

are you here?

Customer:

said you stepped out.

Dr.Keane :

ok, but you know you can't rely on me being here, yes, I'm here, never stepped out

Customer:

I know.

Dr.Keane :

that didn't sound right

Dr.Keane :

two thoughts

Customer:

I am not typing very well.

Customer:

so probably that's why they didn't sound right, tired too.

Dr.Keane :

well people who rely on alignment of planets etc tell me that this is going to be a month that finds people cranky, of course I just nod since I know nothing about the science but they say it's because there are two full moons this month and five planets in retrograde, whatever that means. I have no idea. I am curious to see if people are more cranky though, so far, they are not.

Customer:

okay, that sounds interesting.

Dr.Keane :

whatever it's worth, I thought it was interesting and have friends who know all about it, I don't.

Customer:

hang on

Customer:

want to reply to this

Dr.Keane :

right, hang on!

Customer:

I have no idea why 2 moons etc should make people cramky this month. I have no idea behind those thoughts either.

Dr.Keane :

Well there is something you can investigate and let me know!

Customer:

5 planets in retrograde? Don't know what that means either. I am not especially cranky.

Customer:

Well there we are, some interesting homework. Would like very much to investigate for you

Dr.Keane :

I have a meeting to get ready for so have to leave in a few minutes, you are okay now?

Customer:

1 quick question please?

Dr.Keane :

I'm glad we were both online, kind of early for me. I don't like to turn my computer on so early. Sure, ask away

Customer:

This afternoon, got 7-12 year olds. It'll be fine won't it. Any tips would be useful

Dr.Keane :

great age, what are you worried about?

Dr.Keane :

what are you doing with them?

Customer:

I know it's very early for you. I appreciate it. I'm glad I got home because wasn't originally going to. I have to read them chapters of some books

Customer:

I have investigated some and have chosen ones with exciting parts so that it may make them to read more themselves at a later date.

Dr.Keane :

only problem for me would be finding a book they relate to, pretty wide range of age there

Dr.Keane :

A 7 yr old isn't at same level of interest that 12 year old is ....

Customer:

I know, I have found some. 1 which is by a guy who does a very popular show here which most kids want

Customer:

most kids watch, meant to say.

Customer:
Dr.Keane :

that's good, it will be fine

Customer:

I have found some which have at least got some humourous bits to them and some pictures. I can apparently ask which book they like best, XXXXX XXXXX think will happen next.

Customer:

Thanks

Customer:

have you had to go?

Dr.Keane :

ok, says you are disconnected, I have to run about now myself........so have a good day....oops you are back

Customer:

it's jumping in and out of chat.

Dr.Keane :

I see that

Customer:

have a great holiday. Not next week but week after I have GP appt.

Customer:

so wouldn't mind chatting again after that about whatever's said

Customer:

oh and about your homework task.

Dr.Keane :

Oh, meant to ask you about that. I'll try and check in during vacation, although I am limiting computer time!

Customer:

I think it's 21st Aug

Customer:

in the evening after work.

Customer:

yes that's the date of it.

Dr.Keane :

I'll be back by then

Customer:

yes. Have a great break and proper rest. You deserve it,

Dr.Keane :

have a good week yourself! get on that homework lol

Dr.Keane :

bye

Customer:

lol

Customer:
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.