How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5804
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

why is that i keep things bottled up in side me and then when

This answer was rated:

why is that i keep things bottled up in side me and then when i can't take it anymore i blowup and then i get sick and become paranorid

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

It sounds like you may be having some trouble coping with what you feel. When you feel upset or angry then try to repress it and don't let it out, your feelings are not going to go away. They will stay with you until you express them in some way. Exploding in anger or feeling very upset is the result. It may help you to learn some new ways to express your feelings that are acceptable so you can prevent yourself from being so upset.

Talking to someone is one of the best ways to cope with how you feel. Just sharing your burdens can make you feel better, even if you don't resolve the problem you have. Also, physical expressions of your emotions help as well. Exercise, yoga, relaxation exercises, etc can all help you get your feelings out through your body.

You may also want to consider self help through on line or in person support groups. Just being with others who share your feelings can provide a lot of support. Therapy also helps. Talking to a therapist can not only help you feel better just by talking, but the therapist can help you find out why you feel as you do. To find a therapist, talk to your doctor about a referral. Or you can search on line at

I hope this has helped you,

TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions