Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

RA-JM

Customer Question

I've suffered from depression for a number of years. I never seem to get to the root cause of the problem and feel totally lost at the moment. I don't know where to start to get out of the downward spiral I'm in and I think I want to see someone that could help me but I don't know where to go to find the right person.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 4 years ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about your situation.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

We get depressed when we feel overwhelmed by life issues and feeling arising from them, when we do not know how to effectively cope.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Depression would be the way our psyche and body use to get our attention for us to become aware that something requires our caring for change and improvement, for healing or growth.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then when we experience it we need to look for adequate support to work on ourselves and make these changes.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Psychotherapy and counseling are the ideal tools for us to work on ourselves while getting necessary effective support.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

In therapy we are supported on exploring ourselves, emotions, experiences, past and present, to identify core issues and situations impacting our lives, to vent and process feelings and to be able to develop better coping skills and assertiveness to create the experience we need and deserve.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?