RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I am looking for a program or couneling for me as an abusive

Customer Question

I am looking for a program or couneling for me as an abusive man and can not find any. I live in Grapevine Texas Your help is appreaciated.
Joe
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  RealSupport replied 4 years ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am sorry to know you have been facing this challenge in your life and now dealing with frustration from not finding a program to support you.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Could you review this one. It includes support for different forms of abuse and seems very cohesive and well built.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

http://www.safehaventc.org/index.php/get-help/help-for-batterers/

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It is located around 12 miles from your town.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

"Sessions include education and skills training in anger management, effective communication, problem-solving and assertive versus aggressive behavior. This 18-week, 36-hour psycho-educational counseling program is designed to stop abusive behaviors and introduce productive relational behavors".

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It is very frustrating not to find good programs so necessary locally. i hope his could work for you.

JACUSTOMER-ajo1lgby- :

Thank you I will look into the safe haven. It is difficult to find this type of council but i will persist and accomplish. any other advice is appreaciated.

JACUSTOMER-ajo1lgby- :

Joe

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello. I am glad it could be a useful resource for you to explore.and consider for support.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

People develop anger and self-control problems due to overwhelming feelings we do not know how to cope with, then those feelings of pain get distorted and acted out as anger and aggression, violence against self and other people. This is the way our psyche-body find to get some relief. the problem is that since it is a distorted means, it creates further dysfunction and extra pain.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This is why o always recommend people facing challenges like this to also consider individual psychotherapy to work on personal issues leading to violence. it is so common to find depression and anxiety problems behind anger and violence problems, and without taking better care of ourselves at hose levels, we would not be able to eradicate the dysfunctional way of releasing frustration, sadness and fear.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you for your trust. Please take gentle care and consistent actions getting the support you need and deserve.