Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt

wife left wi daughter 2 weeks ago.renting a house for 6 months,tells

wife left wi daughter 2 weeks ago.renting a house for 6 months,tells me she not coming back.but tells her nan she still loves me and will go back couple of weeks before xmas. me confused
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rossi :

Dr. Rossi :

What transpired if anything prior to her moving out?

Dr. Rossi :

Was there infidelity involved, mid life crisis, etc?

Dr. Rossi :

Just making sure you're still online

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
was texting a ex for a long time.wife found out wife,wife left, dont know what to do
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Was there a period of time prior to her leaving and finding out that the two of you spoke about this at all?

She most likely is feeling confused, betrayed and angry as a result of which she's left now?

If she still loves you, there may be a way to work on this together.

She may be waiting for an apology, a plan for you to tell her what the next steps would be i.e. marital counseling, talking about this together honestly, giving her some time (not necessarily 6 mo) to sort out her feelings, you letting her know how you'd work on yourself (what had led to this texting situation in the first place ex. you felt bored within the marriage, you felt needed by your ex, you acted w/o thinking about the outcome, etc)

Her decision is quite rash it seems and after some time, she may be able to talk about this situation objectively. It would be important for her that you own your own part in this w/o her feeling blamed for what had led you to seek your ex out.

She has to regain her trust of you and sense of self worth. This most likely had affected her self esteem as a woman and a wife. Mainly, she would want to see some kind of change on your part about how you're acting hence forth.

Feel free to reply.