Doctor Rao
Doctor Rao, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD,DPM,MRCPsych

How long should pristiq withdrawal last Ive been off for 12

Customer Question

How long should pristiq withdrawal last I've been off for 12 days and things seem to be going up and down, including weakness, tiredness, balance problems, trouble walking at times, waking up not feeling great. It mostly hits me in the afternoon and evening.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Rao replied 4 years ago.
what was the dose of pristine?
do you still have any depressive symptoms?
Do you have any other physical problems like hypertension,diabetes Etc. please let me know if you are taking any other medications.
i will answer as soon as possible after i receive information from you.
Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have orthstatic tachycardia and pots I am on nadolol 5 mg and have been on klonopin for 2 .5 years at 1.75mg but am really not sure if what's going on is from coming off pristiq and is normal
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's pristiq are you familiar with the drug
Thank you for the information.
Yes,I am familiar with Pristiq.
Pristiq withdrawal symptoms depends on the half life. For Pristiq the half life is about 13 hours. It usually takes 4 to 5 half lives for the drug to be completely eliminated from the body. So, it takes about three to five days for the Pristiq to be completely out of the body. Then your body needs another two weeks for the receptors to readjust completely.So, hopefully in another few days you shouldn't experience any withdrawal symptoms from Pristiq.

I want you to be aware that some of the symptoms you have mentioned are early warning signs of relapse.So, please keep a close eye on your mood and seek help earliest if necessary. It might be an idea to keep a Mood diary, With scores ranging between 0 to 10. 0 being feeling crap and 10 being fine. Then if you consistently scoring under 5,please seek the professional help.

Orthostatic Tachycardia can cause lightheaded ness,vertigo,balance problems and dizziness. This would explain some other symptoms you have mentioned.Please speak to your Doctor to see whether the dose of Nadalol needs to be adjusted.

I hope you find the information helpful.

I wish you all the best.

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still very tired and fatiqued it's 2weeks today that I stopped should I give it a little more time, also I am only on 5 mg of nadolol would that cause fatigue
you are right.You might need to give some more time.
One other thing is as i have mentioned before please keep a close eye on any early warning signs of relapse to make sure we are not misunderstanding your tiredness.
Nadalol at 5 mg in my experience do not cause fatigue much.
I hope this helps.
Thank you