Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

My mother has some type of condition where she says there is

My mother has some type of condition where she says there is small hairs on her chin and facial areas that itches and bothers her. I have taken her to two dermatologist and they say they can not see the problem she is talking about. She says she pulls the hairs out and they come back the next day. I have examined her face and there are some fine hairs but no more than the average person. I am not sure what type of doctor i need to take her to at this point. She constantly complains that the hairs come back every day.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am sorry to know about your mother's condition.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If doctors have confirmed there is no real problem with her skin in those areas and you cannot see them even when being that close to her as her daughter, then it seems obvious tat their suggestion in correct.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You need to take her to a professional psychotherapist, and even before that to get complete medical and neurological evaluations in order to rule out any medical condition or neurological problem leading to this symptom. Age could lead to medical problems creating this symptom. If after all of that they do not find any problem, then you would need to get the complement psychological assessment by clinical psychologist.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello. I am here to support you, but I see you have not even reply and immediately rated "poor service". May I know more about your expectations in order for me to better support you?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello?

Customer:

your information is informative and helpful. Thanks you for your assistance. I need to do some further research on the information you provided. I need to understand what is causing this problem and what i can do to help her. This is very frustrating at this point.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I truly hope you could get the complete medical, neurological and psychological evaluations in order to identify what is causing this symptoms, so for her to receive adequate professional support.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It is very frustrating but better to get this support ASAP now that there is apparently only one symptom than for things to deteriorate having to afford further challenges. You do not need nor deserve that, then please seriously consider previous recommendations. ( Please reconsider your previous rating. Thanks).

Customer:

thank you for your assistance

Customer:

thank you for your service..

Customer:

Thank you for your assistacne.