Tony, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  UK trained Mental Health Nurse. Experience in acute care, Rehabilitation and Drug & alcohol treatments.

i have just been diagnosed with bipolar 2.i had severe depression

Customer Question

i have just been diagnosed with bipolar 2.i had severe depression suicidal in march...hospitalization.since then i ve improved (not suicidal) but still feel unmotivated dull and question is ...could i have been hypomanic for years and now could it be that i m finding it impossible to adapt to normal life pace.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tony replied 4 years ago.

Tony :

Hiya, My name is Tony. Im a Mental Health Nurse. May I answer your question for you?

Tony :

Ok, I can see you are offline. I would like to request some more information from you before I answer your question.

I will assume throughout that your diagnosis of Bipolar II is correct.

Has this been your first episode of depression? How long were you depressed for before you sought treatment?

Which medications are you currently taking? How long have you took them for? What are the dosages? Have you tried any other medications?

I will start to formulate my answer when I receive your reply. I from the UK but living in Australia so be aware of the time difference, My response may be delayed. Allow me time to complete my response for rating my answer.

Thanks in advance,