Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I ask for a psychologist to answer this question. Am a patient

I ask for a psychologist to answer this question.
Am a patient with schizophrenia from year 2006 and my response to the psychiatric treatment is good.
My question is.
I feel bad and I can’t do my hobby’s and writing. . .because, this feeling that I am having fight with somebody back and forward everyday (NOT VARY BAD) whenever I try to be creative with my works,., Sometime its painful and can get me into troubles, sometimes I don’t do my work and go to sleep.
I feel this feeling when am alone only.
Is it some kind of mental disorder of something that I don’t know?
What kind of support and treatment I should look for?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this.

Bill :

If this occurs in isolation or when you are alone, I would make and effort to be with others and plan your time to do this.

Customer:

yes

Bill :

This way you won't have the "free floating" thoughts that are coming when you are just alone or by yourself.

Bill :

Doe that make sense?

Bill :

Do you have friends or others you can spend time with.

Customer:

yeas i have my family i spend time with

Bill :

Make an effort to use your calendar to fill in something for every day. Get outside, take a walk, do something fun. It doesn't have to be complicated or cost money. Just stay busy and you will feel better.

Bill :

Schizophrenia treatment & recovery tip 4: Make healthy lifestyle choices

The symptoms and course of schizophrenia are different for everyone, and some people will have an easier time than others. But whatever your situation, you can make things better by taking care of yourself. Not only will the following self-care strategies help you manage your symptoms, they will also empower you. The more you do to help yourself, the less hopeless and helpless you’ll feel.

• Manage stress. Stress can trigger psychosis and make the symptoms of schizophrenia worse, so keeping it under control is extremely important. Know your limits, both at home and at work or school. Don’t take on more than you can handle and take time to yourself if you’re feeling overwhelmed.

• Try to get plenty of sleep. When you’re on medication, you most likely need even more sleep than the standard 8 hours. Many people with schizophrenia have trouble with sleep, but lifestyle changes (such as getting regular exercise and avoiding caffeine) can help.

• Avoid alcohol and drugs. Some evidence indicates a link between drug use and schizophrenia. And it’s indisputable that substance abuse complicates schizophrenia treatment and worsens symptoms. If you have a substance abuse problem, seek help.

• Get regular exercise. Studies show that regular exercise may help reduce the symptoms of schizophrenia. That’s on top of all the emotional and physical health benefits! Aim for 30 minutes of activity on most days.

• Do things that make you feel good about yourself. If you can’t get a job, find other activities that give you a sense of purpose and accomplishment. Cultivate a passion or a hobby. Helping others is particularly fulfilling.

Customer:

sometime i need a place that to write something and i do but i end up with feeling of loseing

Bill :

I understand- Try and keep a notebook with you that you won' t lose . Write something every day.

Bill :

Use the above tips to help you structure your day and you should feel better.

Bill :

I will respond to what you are typing- but I have to step away for a few moments. I will definitely respond to what you have written

Customer:

and there another thing sometime i need to ask things about the different between side effect of schizophrenia and normal life living i end up confusing my self

Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience: 35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
Hi-

The following link is from Harvard University and has the latest information available on Schizophrenia. I think it will help you with your questions about side effects vs normal living.

http://www.helpguide.org/topics/schizophrenia.htm

I trust it will help you.

Best, Bill

Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness