Doctor Rao
Doctor Rao, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD,DPM,MRCPsych
67112189

Hello, I sometimes gets extremely anxious when I have to

I sometimes gets extremely anxious when I have to do a lot of rapid mouse-clicking. It happens while I am doing something for fun, as well as at work. I am just a bit confused as to why this happens and whether there is a simple way to prevent this.

Thank you.
There are couple of possibilities.
1. When you do rapid muse clicking even for fun, There would be Adrenaline rush in the body.This Adrenaline rush can cause anxiety.
2.If you are doing this to gain any results the anticipatory anxiety can cause severe anxiety.
3. If you have premorbid anxious personality, this can make things worse to a point you do observe this.

Now coming to the management side--It might be helpful for you to understand the reasons behind anxiety and to see whether you can find help only by psychological therapies like Cognitive behavior therapy to deal with anxiety. If there are time or resource constraints it might be practical to look at self help books like Overcoming Anxiety
Helen Kennerley (Author) .

If your anxiety is severe and you feel immediate benefits are required then you might need short course of Vistaril 25 mg up to twice daily.you need to take one tablet about 30 minutes prior to the anxiety attack(anticipatory).

I hope you find the answer helpful.

Thank you