psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

How to handle questions about masturbation practices, after

How to handle questions about masturbation practices, after getting caught by my son?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.
I would refer to real life but not so much that you leave him feeling embarrassed. I would offer your understanding that this can be a very embarrassing incident but all adults and even children do this. Remind him that it is very natural to respond to sexual feelings but it is a private occurrence. Tell him you were embarrassed for him but that all people do this in private which is okay. If you let him know that you were acting out of sexual thoughts but did not make sure this was in private he probably will know that you were just responding to feeling that you had been experiencing. In the end you want him to know that you are a person who was performing something best kept in private but it is a natural act Please press excellent service so I am compensated