TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

I have had depressions therapies suicide attempts and i am

I have had depressions therapies suicide attempts and i am always losing my career very good jobs because i do not show up for work pretending to be sick because some days do not want to go anywhere. Why am i hurting myself over again
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

It sounds like you have depression and it has not been resolved yet. Avoiding work is a sign that you don't want to face work for whatever reason. Part of depression can also be having a low self esteem. Feeling bad about yourself can mean that you don't feel worthy or able to measure up. That can affect how you feel about going to work as can just being depression in general and having low motivation because of how you feel.

The cause of your depression is important to note. If you have had traumas in your life or suffered through a lot of losses, that can greatly affect your outlook on life. You can feel discouraged and even self defeating, sabotaging any efforts you have made to get a good job and stay in it. Your thoughts can convince you that you do not need to be at work and you might fail if you were. Sometimes you can have these types of thoughts and not be aware that you are sabotaging your own efforts.

You may want to consider therapy again. Sometimes you need to try a few times before you find someone who you feel you can work with and that can help. Talk to your doctor about a referral. Or you can search on line at http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/.

You can also use self help to figure out why you feel as you do and help yourself to feel more motivated and able to be at work when you need to. Here are some resources to help get you started:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/depression_signs_types_diagnosis_treatment.htm

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/depression_tips.htm

You may also want to consider on line therapy. It can help you work out what might be at the root of your depression and how to resolve it without having to leave home.

I hope this has helped you,
Kate
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for pointing this out:
"You can feel discouraged and even self defeating, sabotaging any efforts you have made to get a good job and stay in it. Your thoughts can convince you that you do not need to be at work and you might fail if you were."...which is probably why....is there any way to have sessions with you, I am in Canada but online sessions are they possible?

I am taking Celexa 40 mg once daily and Lectopam 6 mg- a benzo (3 times a day).

Thank you

You're welcome! I would love to work with you but Just answer isn't set up to do therapy. I can help you by working with you through the question and answer format. You can ask a new question, and I can respond. We can use that format to work through what might be causing how you feel and how to deal with it. You just rate each question as we go along. I do work with others this way as well. Or you can search for on line therapists here in the U.S. or Canada. There are a few sites that offer chat and phone formats to help you.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do you think this medication is good enough for me?

I would like to help with that, but every person is different so it is hard for me to tell. Your doctor is a better person to answer that for you sense they can examine you and know your medical history.

Kate