Doctor Rao
Doctor Rao, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD,DPM,MRCPsych
67112189

i have been taking alprax.50mg for stoping alcohol for past

i have been taking alprax.50mg for stoping alcohol for past two years,now when istopped it felt like i could,n,t concentrate in any thing.and even my gamma gt &bilyruban levels are high as 455&1.9 respectively.for instance i am a good driver but now after stopping alprax for 2 months i am confused to drive with problems like when vehicles suddenly appear from nowhere i am annoied and not able to control in which i was very effecient 2 months ago.now i dont know what to do.

Doctor Rao : Hi are you online
Customer:

yes how do u do

Doctor Rao : Are you still drinking?
Customer:

yes i started drinking 2 months back

Doctor Rao : Ok. In that case, the first priority should be to address that if you are keen to come off drinking. Some of the symptoms you have mentioned might be a combination of you starting drinking and withdrawal symptoms of alprazolam
Customer:

ok

Doctor Rao : The way you can do is
Doctor Rao : You also need to repeat your blood tests especially Liver function tests and GGT. It might be useful for you to consider ultrasound abdomen as with alcohol abuse history liver can be effected.If at the early stages like fatty liver stage if you stop drinking the Liver would be able to repair itself. It is important for you to know that
Customer:

i have done ultra sound scan and all my emprission was normal my liver function tests were normal expect gamma gt &billirubin.

Doctor Rao : So, in summary..if you want to stop alcohol please do follow the course I suggested. If diazepam or chlordiazepoxide is prescribed that would help to withdrawal symptoms of alprazolam
Doctor Rao : As well as alcohol
Doctor Rao : I hope you find this helpful
Customer:

is it a disulfrim?

Doctor Rao : Hello have you got my message
Customer:

yes i do is the drug u suggested is disulfrim?

Doctor Rao : No. Initially it should be either Diazepam or chlordiazepoxide (Librium) to treat withdrawal symptoms for about a week or ten days. Then if you are well motivated you can ask the doctor to consider Disulfiram(Antabuse) to help you stay away from drinking. But you need to be aware that if you start taking Antabuse you shoud not drink alcohol at all.
Customer:

yes i have suffered much because of a doctor gave me disulfiram with out educating me not to drink

Doctor Rao : Ok. The other important things to avoid are alcohol containing shaving gels Etc. please consider seeing a Doctor soon because earlier the intervention,better the results. If you find the answer helpful,provide positive feedback. If you want to ask more information,please do not hesitate to ask.
Customer:

dose my gamma gt & bilyrubin levels indicates that i have chirosys or jaundis

Customer:

u got my reply?

Customer:

doctor are u there?

Customer:

r u there?

Customer:

should i terminate?

Doctor Rao : Typed twice
Doctor Rao : Please confirm
Doctor Rao : You have received this
Customer:

just now i am reciving

Customer:

not recived yet

Customer:

sorry no messages yet

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
please mail me answer for my last question id [email protected]
There was some problem with the website few hours ago.I have copied your question and my answer as below.

Customer: yes i do is the drug u suggested is disulfrim?
Doctor Rao : No. Initially it should be either Diazepam or chlordiazepoxide (Librium) to treat withdrawal symptoms for about a week or ten days. Then if you are well motivated you can ask the doctor to consider Disulfiram(Antabuse) to help you stay away from drinking. But you need to be aware that if you start taking Antabuse you should not drink alcohol at all.

I hope you find the whole answer helpful.
I wish you all the best.
Thank you