Tony, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  UK trained Mental Health Nurse. Experience in acute care, Rehabilitation and Drug & alcohol treatments.

I feel like there is nothing to live for anymore. No interest in anything. Hate my job and

I feel like there is nothing to live for anymore. No interest in anything. Hate my job and the hours. Just feel like I am here, not contributing to anything. Feel like all my accomplishments are over.nothing to look forward to. Only 34. Just got married and moved from Florida to Indiana to be close to family. I love my wife and family. I always feel distant and angry.

Tony :

Hiya, My name isXXXXX a Mental Health Nurse. May I try to help you work through your question here?

Tony :

Hello :)

Customer: Hi. Sure.
Tony :

Ok I need to ask some more questions to work through your issue here is that ok?

Customer: Sure.
Tony :

You have stated that you had a diagnosis of Bipolar disorder, was this formal diagnosis from a psychiatrist?

Are you taking medications for Bipolar disorder?

Customer: No. I have meds for anxiety and can take when needed. Xanax.
Customer: I just recently started having problems soon after moving
Tony :

were you presribed medications when you were diagnosed but stopped taking them?

Customer: I spotted taking them long ago. Maybe 7 years ago.
Customer: Stopped taking years ago.
Tony :

and you have not had any peiods of depression or mania since stopping the medications?

Customer: No. not until recently. Since going to third shift.three Weeks ago.
Tony :

Ok, can you think back to before your diagnosis and tell me exactly what you were experiencing to get diagnosed with Bipolar?

Customer: Not since going to third shift three Weeks ago . Feel looker it has been getting worse since the move.
Customer: I lost my place with you on my phone.
Tony :

I want to know why you were diagnosed with Bipolar 12 years ago, how long were you depressed for? how many seperate periods of depression?

Were you manic? how long for? how many periods of mania?

Customer: I can't figure out what has happened on my phone. I don't see your replies anymore.
Tony :

You cannot see my replies now?

Tony :

Ok, I am going to switch to the forum view to anwer your question.

Customer: Can you see my replies?
Hiya, we can continue the consultation here to avoid issues with the chat function.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sounds great.
I consider it highly unlikely that your original diagnosis of Bipolar disorder be correct considering you have not taken medications for 7 years and had no issues until now.

May I ask a little more about your current symptoms.

How is you sleep pattern and diet? You said you are feeling there is nothing to live for, are you experiencing any thoughts of harming yourself in any way?

You have already described feeling more irritable than usual and a loss of interest in your daily activities.

It does sound as though you maybe becoming depressed, It would be a good idea for you to approach your local physician so that you can be commenced on a form of anti depressant.

Please do ensure they are aware of your history however as anti depressants may induce Mania, especially if your bipolar diagnosis was correct but your illness is dormant.

I will await your response,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just switched to third shift against my will after doing a job for which I had no training and making mistakes. I don't sleep all day a my sleep pattern is very interruptend. Diet is normal, I eat about every two hours. Protein vegetables, lots of fruit. I do have thoughts of suicide for no reason. I don't want to die but feel like maybe it wouldn't matter. I have had this temple pressure for a month on both sides of my head that I can't get rid of. I don't like taking drugs. I was in the Maine corp and strive to do things on my own.
Its important you consider the impact on your family when you are experiencing thoughts of self harm or suicide, you have a responsibility to ensure they have the best opportunities in this world and causing them such a significant trauma or loss would not be providing that.

I appreciate you like to be independant and do not like taking drugs but if you are depressed, the chances of you experiencing spontaneous remission are very low. You need to get help with this.

If you do not seek treatment the chances are your symptoms will become worse.

Antidepressant medications are extensively researched and effective when used to treat depression with minimal side effects.

The decision is ultimately yours but you have sought professional advice, you should now follow it.

If you need any further support, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I consider my family very much and will see what medicine my therapist will suggest. Thank you.
I wish you the best of luck in your treatment,

Thank you for using Just Answer,

Please remember to rate my response :)