Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane (live chat), Can we chat please, if you have

Dear Dr. Keane (live chat), Can we chat please, if you have time and decide to check JA? I will try again later and/or tomorrow. I will return to this chat, if you get to this and are able to initiate it in chat when I can. I hope you are having a good weekend.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 2 years ago.

Dr.Keane :

Missed you again. I'll check back later today if possible. Hope you are enjoying the weekend too.

Customer:

I'll try to be here later. Got to go sort out family dinner now. The weekend has been better than end of last week.

Customer:

We'll get there, that I am sure of.

Customer:

I think it might be possible for me to be online from around 9pm my time.

Customer:

I am back and will stay online as long as I possibly can, just in case you do happen to have a window of time to chat.

Customer:

sorry I missed you again earlier too.

Customer:

i'll try again when U

Customer:

oops

Customer:

meant to say I'll try again when I can.

Customer:

This week's rather like last week - busy and also working all sorts of times. I'll try to be here our evening. Even got another funeral to go to of someone relatively young who died after losing to an illness. So much death at the moment.

Customer:

I'll keep trying when I can evening times. Thursday however, unless we miraculously make it online at the same time before then, then Thursday I can be here during your morning times and some of your afternoon, except roughly between 1pm and 2pm your time.

Dr.Keane :

ok, busy week ...sad to hear about another loss. Will do my best to catch you online.

Customer:

Thank you and thanks for your kind sympathies. I'll try to be online from around 7pm my time today, will try my best to be on before ie 6:30pm.

Dr.Keane :

I'll try to get online at that time.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I have just made it online, if you are here.

Customer:

Had some technical issue, nothing to do with JA but delayed me getting online here.

Customer:

I can be here for awhile now.

Customer:

I hope you manage to make it onto this chat page.

Customer:

Well, for starters I want to chat a bit about grief. In someways it's getting a little better. I guess these things take time. Perhaps it'll be easier as time passes?

Customer:

I see that sadly we missed each other and all down to a technical fault, either to do with my internet server or connection. I appreciate the fact that you were taking the time to be online too. I hope one way or another we do manage to catch each other, well, now that I am "in" I'll have this chat up onscreen. Tried to send you a different post to say that I was online to you.

Customer:

I'll wait to see if you manage to be online again.

Customer:

I also, apart from grief, would like to chat about progress and ways of just sorting out some things in my life that I have been thinking about recently.

Customer:

I really hope that I haven't annoyed you. Please accept my apologies if I have.

Customer:

It's mostly my fault. If I waited until next week or Thurs of this week even when my schedule is quieter then we would maybe of caught up and chatted by now.

Customer:

Oh I am so annoyed that I logged into my computer and into emails on time to be confronted by some sort of terms and conditions screen from the provider about 3 time, so therefore missing you earlier. As I say, I am going to be here as long as I possibly can.

Customer:

I am really worried about what you may think about this. I also now feel a bit upset and feel that I must be giving a really bad impression of myself. I really am a reliable person and probably now not coming across anything like that.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I'm here

Dr.Keane :

here, reading.

Customer:

I am sorry that it took such a long time. It's been a very busy week covering 2 work colleagues.

Dr.Keane :

you are fine, has to be frustrating when technical issues hinder service

Customer:

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX my mind at ease.

Dr.Keane :

good

Dr.Keane :

so what is on your mind about grief , certainly have had your share lately

Customer:

you know what? I'm not even really that sure. It's just all very sad, especially as I found out about the second person's death on the same day as I'd just came back from the funeral.

Customer:

of the first.

Customer:

I think, although I do know that it does all get easier and better, perhaps it's confirmation I'm looking for. Sorry, this is a terrible post from my end.

Dr.Keane :

it is sad, and part of life. Have to learn how to accept it. Not a terrible post, people should talk after a death, close to the person or not

Dr.Keane :

Stop being so hard on yourself! I'll agree it's easier to express when it is on your mind and the delay in chat gave you time to process

Customer:

It's fine, I do accept that they died. They both had a good life, at least for the second person who died, that's an as far as I know. She was my line manager until recently in one of my line's of work and also voluntary work too.

Dr.Keane :

Does it make you think about your own life? That is what it usually does, especially if the person wasn't old

Customer:

The first person, well I definitely know she had a good life, knew her all my life, lived 2 doors up from me.

Sorry, I'm going on.

Dr.Keane :

If so, that's a good thing

Dr.Keane :

you still here

Customer:

I don't know that it has made me think a lot about my own life that much really. I'm not really sure what people actually think in terms of that. I know and have always known that we are all mortal and would die some time. Even when younger I was under no illusions of that, you know how kids often think life goes on forever and all that, well I sort of didn't think like that. In some ways I know that whilst I am alive I should continue to try to enjoy it and try to make the most of it. I was thinking one of the days (can't remember the exact thought) but it was something

Customer:

sorry, still here.

Dr.Keane :

true, have to live in the moment. That is one reason it is such a waste of time and energy to worry about the little things.

Customer:

and also a thought was about how I give to others, help others etc etc and that I should keep trying to do that and keep trying to be a decent person, as I was brought up to be.

Customer:

I am trying not to worry about the little things.

Dr.Keane :

All good as long as you take care to treat you as good as you treat/help others.

Customer:

and try to live in the moment. I am sure I should do that more rather than thinking about tomorrow so much and actually enjoy the day I'm in.

Dr.Keane :

If it comes to just focusing on what you can do to help others rather than being kind to yourself then you need to rethink. However, you have come a long way

Dr.Keane :

You are right, you know how I feel about worry!

Customer:

yes I do know how you feel about worry. I am trying to be kind to myself. Got a vacation planned in the autumn.

Dr.Keane :

If I lived where you lived I'd be going to soccer games! I believe a few are played in your country!

Dr.Keane :

Olympic I mean

Customer:

there are a few

Customer:
Customer:

just a few miles away too.

Customer:

So you're a soccer fan then

Dr.Keane :

I really enjoy watching soccer, absolutely a fan, beautiful game when it's played well

Customer:

They are playing in Hampden, Glasgow. As I say, just a few miles away.

Dr.Keane :

actually GB is playing Brazil but in London..you are a few miles away and you haven't gone? The stadium was empty actually....

Customer:

Oh I don't live near London

Customer:

London is a lot of miles away. There were some games played in Scotland though.

Customer:

That's where I am from.

Dr.Keane :

I know, but Glasgow is that close.....I would have been at the stadium, the US played there

Customer:

Not close to London

Dr.Keane :

women's soccer, mens I like as well, they are faster

Customer:

but close to where I live (about under an hour away) from where I live in Scotland.

Dr.Keane :

I understand that, was saying they are playing in London right now, Glasglow stadium was empty, London filled.

Customer:

I know, realised I could have got free tickets or at least tried for them at my work but too late.

Dr.Keane :

too bad.....

Customer:

very frustrating. Don't like the technology at my work either, way too slow. Much slower than at home, but then wouldn't have seen intranet there.

Customer:

been enjoying it on the tv when I've had a chance. One of the swimmers comes from my mum's hometown so been watching her a bit.

Customer:

caught some of the football

Customer:

oops, soccer

Customer:

Did you see any of the opening ceremony?

Dr.Keane :

watching it now actually.....shhhh suppose to be working! Yes I watched some of it , I actually got bored after an hour and a half and turned it off.

Customer:

I also see that the US is doing very well in the medals table.

Customer:

lol

Customer:

I didn't watch all the flags going in, saw all the things before that.

Dr.Keane :

well I am hoping women's soccer does well, I saw the flags and turned it off

Dr.Keane :

wasn't so sure about the NHS bit...

Customer:

I recorded it at that point, then saw some. The torch lighting was impressive I thought at the end.

Dr.Keane :

I have it recorded, the music was great!

Customer:

The NHS bit was interesting. I liked the industrial age part and the music along with the story line was good.

Dr.Keane :

clever.

Customer:

There was also a 7/7 tribute as well but from what we're told in our newspapers the US weren't allowed to see that part.

Customer:
Customer:

Yes it was, it was all a lot better than what I ever imagined it to be as was the fact that all the stadiums were built before time

Customer:

I plan to try and take a look at the stadiums when I am in London visiting friends in the autumn

Dr.Keane :

So I heard and I'm not sure it was on here, but thought I also heard there wouldn't be any tribute to 7/7

Customer:

well there ended up being one anyway. There wasn't going to be one, so someone must have changed their mind.

Dr.Keane :

Autumm? hey, get on a train and go this weekend, be spontaneous!! do a day trip! Throw yourself into the festivities

Customer:

As much as I would love to be able to do that, the point of me going in autumn is that a friend of mine has just moved there.

Customer:

I also have to work Sat morning.

Dr.Keane :

oh well, it was worth a shot! Otherwise all is going well with you?

Customer:

It's been busy but it's been a fairly good week. Liked the praise I got the other day.

Dr.Keane :

good...enjoy it

Customer:

Everything is olympic themed, even the kids summer reading challenge, which I managed to have us run out of

Customer:

so that was good, and got praised for that. Psyching myself up for a couple of story times now, but feel prepared.

Dr.Keane :

I have to get ready for work....I like the "themes" without the politics these games would be perfect......just enjoy the competition.

Customer:

indeed

Customer:

Thank you so much for chatting

Dr.Keane :

glad we were able to chat today....enjoy the rest of your week

Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Dr. Keane, thank you for again for chatting, and allowing me to chat a bit about grief and in a way that I've not had much opportunity to. It was good, hard, but then I've discovered talking about grief isn't easy but I needed to talk about that side of things, rather than things like the funeral service being good, even though it took awhile for us to connect.I feel I want to maybe think a bit about your question "did it make (me) think about my life". Thank you so much also for making time to just talk about ordinary things, such as the olympics. I am so glad that you did because I was just about to get a bit upset with all the talk about grief, but then that sorted that out, so didn't get upset. Sorry that I misread the fact you were saying about Glasgow being close, I for some reason thought it was a question, when it was so clear that you hadn't. Long day, oh I'm doing it again aren't I, and showing worry about the small detail. Not worrying though and I like the fact that you are aware of where that city is. Anyway I hope you get to see some more of the olympics, especially the soccer, it is all exciting! Anyway thank you and hope to chat again soon. Please let me know if you read this. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 2 years ago.
Got it and thanks
Dr. Keane, Therapist