Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

I have this lady that wants to file a restraining order against

Customer Question

I have this lady that wants to file a restraining order against me and i didn't do anything that bad. I just emailed and texted her alittle too much. Now, she's emailing my father every two weeks to complain about me. Help!!! I'm throwing up now because of this stress
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Norman M. replied 1 year ago.

NormanM :

Hello, I'm Notman. Are you ready to chat?

Customer:

yes

NormanM :

Hi - what have you done about it so far.

Customer:

about what exactly? which aspect?

NormanM :

About the stress and anxiety you are feeling

Customer:

Not anything really. I've only thrown up twice because of this and it only has been happening this last week.

NormanM :

I think you are going to need some short term help to deal with the anxiety that tou have, and I suggest that you see your Doctor and ask him to prescribe some anti-anxiety medication for you.

NormanM :

Secondly, it would help if you would tell your father that under no circumstances will you contact this person again,

NormanM :

and ask him to email her to say that this is the case, and that any future communication from her will be ignored.

Customer:

I've done this. He made me promise.

Customer:

What if he ignores my request?

NormanM :

Well done - make sure he tells her what I have suggested.

NormanM :

A further point- when you see your Doc, he will want to make sure that anxiety IS the cause of the vomiting. It probably is, but it's best to be sure.

NormanM :

If your father ignores your request, explain to him that you are so anxious about this that you have had to see your Doctor - I'm sure he will be willing to help.

Customer:

You make a point that this might not be the cause at all- I am taking a new antibio..

NormanM :

What is the antibiotic, and how long have you been taking it>#?

Customer:

I don't know what it's called- I forgot. It's for an eye rash. I've been taking it since Tuesday night

NormanM :

Had you been vomiting before Tuesday?

Customer:

My first vomiting episode was Thursday after lunch

NormanM :

OK - take a minute and go and look at the antibiotic label for me - I need to know what it is.

Customer:

Doxycycline

NormanM :

Give me a moment to check this.

NormanM :

Vomiting is a known side effect of Doxycycline. You need to talk this over with your Doc as soon as possible. It may well be the cause of your problem

Customer:

Wow. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX i still tell my father to email this lady and tell her to stop communication with him?

NormanM :

Yes, I think so. Got to be worth a try, surely.

NormanM :

Pleas

NormanM :

Please give it a try

NormanM :

Is there anything else you want to know?

Customer:

How long, do you think, until I apologize to her? You might not be able to answer this because you don't know her but still.

NormanM :

Frankly, I don't think you do! You have undertaken not to contact her, so stick to that, and learn from the experience.

Customer:

Not, even in several months-a year

Customer:

?

NormanM :

Perhaps then, after everything has settled dow, but not sooner

Customer:

Okay. Sounds good. Do you suggest other things to have me cope with this? I forgot to mention that this woman was like an older sister to me and this shook me really badly.

NormanM :

I don't think that you are going to need much more help. You'll do just fine on your own. Just sit down and think of what happened, where it went wrong, and plan not to get into this position in future. Sometimes helps too to write out your thoughta and feelings about the whole episide

Customer:

Thank you so much, Norman. You've been a huge help.

Experience: ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.