Hello! Please remember that my response is for information only, we are not establishing a therapeutic relationship.
1. The description of Paul gaining "insight" leads me to believe that the question is attempting to describe psychodynamic therapy. Simplistically stated, Psychodynamic therapy would focus on early memories, etc. to gain "insight" into current difficulties.
2. None of the answers seem quite right:
1. A behavior log would not be an efficient way to find the reason for her guilt, rather it would help her identify under what situations that she does feel guilty.
2. Free associating regarding other situations that led to this feeling is another way of
3. finding out what situations that she feels guilty in --so it's similar to a 'behavior log"
4.Tolerating the guilt sounds silly --you don't even know what it's about!
5. No good therapist tells their client that their thoughts are irrational!!!
The real answer is that you/the client need to understand what is behind the guilt. #2 comes closest to achieving this task, but it may be unnessary to talk about "other situations," probably talking about the guilt itself will lead to a lot of clues as to what it's about.
3. A question without enough information! If Tracy is a child, she may be perfectly normal with a great imagination, talking to her pet elephant. If Tracy is a 25 year old woman and see an elephant that she talks to, well, then she is having a hallucination.
4. ECT --electroconvulsive therapy.
SSRI is a type of antidepressant, as is MAO, PET is a scan
5. Hmmm...Ghost Sickness seems to fit 'best" but does not fit exactly --because Ghost Sickness is a form of psychosis that has been seen in the Navajo community.
Dhat pertains to premature ejaculation among Native Americans
Amok refers to mania around murder in some Asian cultures
Zar --does not appear to describe a mental disorder
The symptoms of Ghost Sickness include terror, nightmares, feeling of suffocation, weakness, loss of appetite --so they don't fit what the vignette describes, but they are closer than any of the other choices.
Please follow up if you need to --