Doctor Rao
Doctor Rao, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD,DPM,MRCPsych
67112189

what is the maximum dose of taking lorazepam per day at the

what is the maximum dose of taking lorazepam per day at the moment i take 2xhalfmg max per day or one half mg on agood day none i take for severe anxiety

i am on olanzapine and propanonol and citalopram too
thanks
carrie
The resource I use indicates that up to 10 mg of Lorazepam per day can be given in divided doses. The dose you're taking with your other medications should be okay. Something to remember about the class of medications lorazepam is in, is that this medication is physically addictive. if you find yourself increasing your dose for the same effect, I suggest you check with your doctor.
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience: 17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
Dear carrie,
Lorazepam is a short acting benzodiazepine.Its effect usually last for about 6 hours.It is very effective in the short term but not in the longer term.However if you are not taking regular and also the doses you are taking should not be an issue as long as you are aware of the side effects.

Now coming to the question in specific, The maximum daily dose that can be used safely is 6 milligrams.In some cases one might be prescribed above this dose but efficiency wise not very much efficient above 6 mg per day.

If you are looking for an alternative medications to help with anxiety you might want to discuss VISTARIL(Hydroxyzine). This medication is not addictive.

Olanzapine is helpful for paranoia,mood stabilizer and citalopram is an antidepressant.

I hope you find this answer helpful.

Thank you

Doctor Rao, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,MD,DPM,MRCPsych