DrFee
DrFee, Psychologist
Experience:  I help people overcome anxiety and enjoy life again.
66179016

My 2 year old granddaughter has "quirks" that seem odd to me.

My 2 year old granddaughter has "quirks" that seem odd to me. She must be the first person served as well as the first one who has her plate removed. She is very independent, putting her own shoes on the correct foot, She has a great memory for names , can identify all her primary colors. She can tell you when her diaper needs changing, letting you know she either did a pee-pee or stink-stink. No-I can do it,is her favorite phrase and she gets extremely upset if you try to assist her in doing a task. She will keep doing it until she gets it right. She will not listen. She is right ALL THE TIME. I have never seen a two year old so obstinate Is this all age appropriate?

DrFee :

Hello! Please remember that my response is for information only, we are not establishing a therapeutic relationship.

DrFee :

Nothing that you said sounds inappropriate to me --it just sounds like she might be more intelligent, more outgoing that other kids that you've encountered.

DrFee :

I know that the independence and obvious selfishness (as we get older we try to hide it a bit more) can be downright annoying, but really children feel the freedom to express themselves and their emotions without hinderance ---until they learn social/cultural norms.

DrFee :

Her fortitude is great, hopefully she will carry that part with her as well as learn how to ask for help when appropriate.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks
You are welcome. Thank you for your positive rating.