Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, someone close died very recently.

Dear Dr. Keane, someone close died very recently. It's very sad. It wasn't totally unexpected and it wasn't totally expected either, although she was a good age but in ill health. I know I've said to people to try and remember the good times but what is the best way to deal with this? The person who died was a good person and from what I ever knew of her, did live a forfilled life. I hope you had a good weekend and I hope you see and respond to my other post too. I hope you decide to be online and I'll look out for your response. I'm just looking for a bit of support and as I really value your support and help as it always helps, then I wanted to tell you. Thanks!

Dr.Keane :

Hi, sorry I missed you and please accept my sympathy on your loss. I'm yet again, not online much this week, another busy one but I'll try to catch up with you soon.

Customer:

I hope you get this. Thank you for your kind sympathy. Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. You and I both then have a busy week. I will keep trying to be here, can be, especially Thursday but will try before then too.

Dr.Keane : I will be on the road Thursday. On and off today, I will check back later.
Customer:

I can be here from around 2pm for certain your time.

Customer:

today, not sure if I can be here earlier but will try to be.

Customer:

Hi, I am here and can be for most of the rest of today.

Customer:

I am sorry to have missed you earlier. I had a busy day at work and it was good with all that was going on. At times I did and do think about the person who died. Had to break the news to someone who also knew this person, that was hard. Tried to be as bright and positive as possible at work today. Think I managed that at least. Trying to be strong, get on with things. It's late and I'm getting tired and feel a little low. I'm going to try and relax and try to get another decent night's sleep. I hope that we do catch up soon. I'm glad that you do want to catch up and thanks trying today, wish I could have had the opportunity to be online when you were. I hope you have a good journey to wherever you are going to and a good time when you reach your destination. I also hope that you are ok during all the heatwaves and storms we keep hearing about over here. Our weather has been strange too for the time of year and so much water in one day, ours is to even out again soon, I hope the weather improves for you too. Hope to chat soon.

Customer:

I appreciate you trying to catch up as it has, as the day's gone on, been a bit of a hard day. I hope to catch you soon. Thank you for letting me know that Thursday you are on the road, so obviously no computer access. Much appreciated!

Customer:

It's been a bit of a hard night, trying to be strong.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, hope you managed to get some sleep and are feeling ok. Some days may not be easy, but they do get better. You are dealing with a death and that has an impact on the way you feel. These are normal feelings, death makes people think about their own lives and their mortality. Trying to be strong is not something you always have to be. If you accept that then it makes it easier.

Customer: