KansasTherapist
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
65252638

I take 600 mg. buproprian xl per day in the morning. I ran

I take 600 mg. buproprian xl per day in the morning. I ran out before my refill has arrived. My wife is taking buproprian sr, 150 mg. Can I substitute the sr for the xl for a few days?

KansasTherapist : Hello
Xl stands for extended release and sr stands for sustained release. They are very similar. However, I must say, it is illegal to take prescriptions intended for someone else, even your wife, so I can't recommend that you do this. It is possible to contact your doctor and get a prescription for a few days of your medication and have it filled locally.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. He is not available. There probably is SOME way I could accomplish this. In any case, I feel that you have answered my question sufficiently. Act!ually, these would be coming out of a bottle that was originally prescribed for me, and we are breaking the law the opposite way
Oh, we'll then, by all means, go ahead with taking those until your prescription arrives.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Am I likely to notice any difference at all? Also, better to take 300 in the am and 300 in the pm, or can take all four in the am, as I am doing with the xl?
You can take it all at once. I doubt you see any difference.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANKS
You're welcome.