TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Kate McCoy help please. When I have dreams why does make me

Kate McCoy help please. When I have dreams why does make me tried after I get up than usual?
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No problem thank you also.

It is probably because you are under a lot of stress. When you are under stress, you can have lots of dreams because your mind is trying to process what is bothering you. As a result, you may not be getting a whole lot of deep sleep. That can cause you to feel tired when you wake up.

You might also want to check with your doctor to be sure you don't have sleep apnea. Sleep apnea can cause you to wake up frequently in the night (you may not be aware of this) resulting in less deep sleep. Your brain tries to catch up by having many dreams (REM sleep) when you do sleep. As a result, you can wake up feeling tired, like you didn't sleep at all.

Finally, some medications can cause sleep disturbance. Talk to your doctor about the side effects of your medication. You may need to change medications or reduce the amount you take.

You can try warm milk before bed to help. Also, try relaxation exercises when you get into bed. Listen to soothing music, read or do other quiet activities in the hours before you go to sleep. If you feel none of these things work, try asking your doctor for a mild sleep aid until you feel you have gotten back to regular sleep patterns.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Am taking at the moment Quetiapine tablet 800MG at night, Sertraline tablet 150MG in morning and Diazepam tablet 5MG 3 times a day once in morning, once in afternoon and once at night. Also I take this new one for my eyes side effects Orphenadrine not sure what else you can suggest and think about them affecting my dreams?

You would need to check with your doctor. Everyone reacts differently to medications so it's hard to tell if they would affect you like that. Your doctor has your medical history and would know that information better.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've been a bit lose of concentration or focus and memory and seem more stressed than before in the last few days not sure if it has to do with the weather in the town i live in raining, normal, sunny etc over and over again a mixture these last few months since last month to now or longer than last month to now. Why is my focus and memory seem bad and i feel more stressed?

There is no way to tell. It could be that you need a medication change or that there is something bothering you that you are not aware of yet. Or it could be the weather. Sometimes it affects you more than you realized. And it could just be a few off days. Everyone has them from time to time. I would give it a few more days and if you do not feel better, call your doctor. You may need to see him.

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you remember my case history am mangawill1 but like I said changed toCustomerhere?

Yes, I do. I recognized your name from before.

Kate

We do need to close this question with a rating and start a new one.

Kate

TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.