KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.

Is it possible to have munchausen by proxy for emotional/psychological

Is it possible to have munchausen by proxy for emotional/psychological abuse. My mother in law.... has claimed she has bladder cancer for years....pneumonia every time she gets a cold...etc...the most concerning is that she is constantly taking her adult children to many different therapist saying they have bipolar, OCD, depression, anxiety disorders. She also takes her 25 year old daughter to the doctor for blood work multiple times a month because she claims she is dehydrated and ill... Blood work always comes back fine. What could this be besides just plain crazy?!
What you describe does qualify as Munchausen by proxy. If her adult children are still engaging in this behavior with her, I'm guessing she's been doing it for a long time, long enough to make them believe that they have no choice. Be aware you're treading on dangerous ground by trying to intervene. If she still has that controlling relationship with your spouse, your mother in law will likely try to break up your relationship to maintain her control.