Dr_Anderson, Doctor
Experience:  Psychiatrist

doesquetiapine 25mg anx.,panic attacks as clorazepate 25mg

Greetings, and thank you for your question. To clarify, I believe you are asking if quetiapine (Seroquel) will act in a similar fashion or is equal to clorazepate, correct?

The short answer is probably not. The two medications are not equivalent in style or dose. Seroquel is in the antipsychotic class of medications, whereas clorazepate is in the benzodiazepine class. They each work on different parts of the brain, on different receptors in the brain. Seroquel works on dopamine, histamine, and serotonin receptors among others, and clorazepate works on GABA receptors.

It is possible that both can calm, but for different reasons. Seroquel tends to be sedating, which is in part why it has a calming effect. Clorazepate, on the other hand, has an anti-anxiety effect by working on some of the areas that drive anxiety.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have further questions, and please do not rate this until you feel your question has been answered to your need!

Dr. Anderson