Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in mental health counseling

I am a married man who loves his wife but i have a bad habit

I am a married man who loves his wife but i have a bad habit of taking pictures of her frien ds of facebook...i do not find them attractive and definately not more attractive than my wife....i know its wrong and have stopped but why was i doing this
Hi there,

I'm Alicia. I'm happy to help with your question today.

It sounds to me like you might have been trying to test the limits of your relationship, just to see how far you can go or how much you can "get away" with. I believe that you love your wife, and I also believe you when you say you don't find her friends on Facebook attractive and that you don't find them more attractive than your wife. I can't say for sure why you were doing it, but my best guess is perhaps you were bored, perhaps you wanted to see if you'd "get caught" and how your wife would react if she did find out (after all, sometimes, there is an element of the "thrill" in seeing how far you can go without being caught). Doing something like this doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with your relationship and it certainly doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. It's something to keep an eye on, however, because sometimes, the feeling of the thrill can become addictive and things can get out of hand (i.e. you might find yourself increasing the amount of time you spend on Facebook just to see how far you can go - but I realize that you've stopped so hopefully it won't become an issue for you.) But realize that almost everyone engages in certain types of risk-taking behaviors from time to time - and I don't even think what you did was so incredibly risky. The important thing is that you realized it was wrong and you stopped. Try to spend more quality time with your wife, do something new or fun (things that the two of you haven't done before) to add some more excitement to your relationship - if you feel that's needed - and you might find that you don't need to do these kinds of things in the future.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions for you.