Dr_Anderson
Dr_Anderson, Doctor
Experience:  Psychiatrist
66203730

I am not on day 5 of 20mg of Viibyrd. Apart from some GI upset,

I am not on day 5 of 20mg of Viibyrd. Apart from some GI upset, I have tolerated this quite well ( big relief )

Today I had some nervousness and anxiety for the first time ( I took my prescribed Xanax ) I am concerned that this will get worse as it did with the Zoloft and Effexor

I am a performer and I am so hoping that my reaction today was a one time efffect.

Comments? The only info I find on nervousness and anxiety with Viibyrd is that it might be a serious side effect....I see my psychiatrist on Monday and today I told him I was better- then the anxiety started.

Dr_Anderson :

Greetings! This is actually typical for antidepressants. The energy level usually precedes the mood (or resolution of the anxiety), so a person is often left feeling more anxious. Ironically, this can mean the medicine is starting to help!

Dr_Anderson :

Usually, it takes 4-6 weeks before a medication begins to take effect. For some it is longer, others shorter. So, if you are feeling worse at day 5, don't despair! You've only been on Viibryd for less than 2 weeks (about a week on 10 mg from the starter kit, right?), at the very least on the 20 mg for less than a week.

Dr_Anderson :

So, give it some more time and trend your symptoms over time. Much like a stock market ticker, while you will have ups and downs, the overall trend should be improvement, from week to week. I know this is tough, but hang in there!

Dr_Anderson :

I hope this helps! Please let me know if I may be of further service, and please do not rate this until you are satisfied your question has been answered to your need!

Dr_Anderson :

Regards,

Dr_Anderson :

Dr. Anderson

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THANK You....I am anxious with insomnia and restlessness.....I am hoping that this medication will work......

Customer/p>
Greetings! Yes, I recall you have been hit very hard with this anxiety. Hang in there, it sounds like the current medication (the Viibryd) will be a good fit, once it starts to work!

Regards,

Dr. Anderson