KansasTherapist
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
65252638

hello, im diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, and my physical

hello, im diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, and my physical symptoms bother me too much, i dont know if my physical symptoms are the consequences of my anxiety because most of the time i get the physical symptoms first.

for example today im feeling something that i never felt before, and its like a weird feeling in my chest, its like sometimes a pressure, sometimes a stabbing fast pain, sometimes a pain in my arm, sometimes i feel my heart beating fast, sometimes too slow, sometimes like skipping heatbeats, i dont know how to explain this, it is so weird.

i get so worried about this because i dont know for what reason i feel always that this is heart related, i went to my doctor a month ago and i had an EKG done it came out fine, the same with my labs, thats why my doctor diagnose me with anxiety and depression, i dont feel sad at all, i just feel scared all the time but just about my health, nothing else bothers me.

im scared to go out, im scared to receive friends at home and feel bad, im even scared to be alone with my 3 year old girl. what if something happen to me while im alone with her?
i need someone to tell me that there is nothing wrong with my health but i have no money to go to the doctor all the time and no health insurance.
im taking natural medicine (rhodiola rosea) im scared to try the regular pills.
im desperate! i feel scared and mad all the time, im married and im arguing all the time with my husband for nothing, no reason at all, everything make me mad.

it seem like nobody understand what is going on, not even me...
is there any help online? why im having this if i have no real problems? is there anything i can do at home to feel better?
Your symptoms sound very much like anxiety disorder physical symptoms are very common with that illness. Irritability is also a symptom of depress, so that is likely how your doctor came to that conclusion. If you're unwilling to try medication, yoga and meditation can be very helpful. Yoga helps relax & stretch tense muscles. Meditation teach you to control you thoughts and get rid if ideas that causing anxiety. There are two web sites I really like. Innerpath.com teaches slow yoga and some meditation. Wildmind.com teaches all forms of meditation from beginner to advanced.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the second link is not working and the first one i have to pay... is there anything that i can find for free?
I'm sorry for giving you the wrong information. The second site is wildmind.org not com. The first site should have been innerpathyoga.com but that doesn't seem to be working. The inner path yoga podcasts are available from iTunes for free.