Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Dear Dr. Keane, I can be here to chat. Im trying to be here

Dear Dr. Keane, I can be here to chat. I'm trying to be here in case you are able to be online. I realise you have plans. I hope that you are enjoying yourself. I appreciate you trying to be here.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 2 years ago.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, are you here, I'm only on to check but will stay for a few minutes to see if you arrive!

Customer:

Hi

Dr.Keane :

Says you are standing by.....now it says offline...

Dr.Keane :

hi

Dr.Keane :

bingo

Customer:

I am here##

Dr.Keane :

so I see, how are you today?

Customer:

I am doing not too badly today. Taking the second round of meds.

Dr.Keane :

good, do you notice any difference?

Customer:

a bit.

Dr.Keane :

a bit is better than none and it will continue to get better in the coming months, guaranteed!

Customer:

I don't feel like snapping at anyone, although there aren't many people to at the moment, all away on holiday too, so here myself.

Customer:

I think the side effects aren't as bad this time.

Dr.Keane :

the side effects will or should decrease as you adjust to the medication.

Dr.Keane :

And...it will get better!

Customer:

that's reassuring. At least I've not almost fainted this time and not as tired.

Customer:
Dr.Keane :

It seems everyone is on holiday/vacation. Having the 4th on a Wednesday makes for a very long celebration!

Customer:

did you have a nice time?

Dr.Keane :

good, make sure you eat and stay hydrated too! Yes, it was a nice day, today family arrives and we have lots of plans for the week ahead .....will be limited online to

Dr.Keane :

too

Customer:

I am eating and staying hydrated thanks.

Customer:

felt a bit, not quite tearful tonight but a little, but managing to not actually be tearful if that makes sense.

Customer:

think it will be something that will pass.

Customer:

That's nice that you have lots of plans for next week with your family.

Dr.Keane :

So, what's going on in your head these past few days? It sounded like a lot. Tearful is really okay, I don't know why we think (and most of us do) that crying is so awful. I actually think it's useful at times especially when you are expecting your menses.

Customer:

just lots of stuff, mostly probably really silly.

Dr.Keane :

If you are thinking it, it can't be "silly" they are your thoughts, silly or not!

Customer:

sorry, it really is near menses, often think I'm silly and worse then.

Dr.Keane :

You said you didn't want to talk about the past as much (good idea) and that you can't imagine having to do all the self talk, stop thought, exercises forever. However, you may find as you get older that some of the "stuff" that bothers you know won't and you won't have to use so much self talk etc.

Dr.Keane :

Getting older can be very liberating in many ways!

Customer:

there was also the fact that I take these meds for just over a week, I do all these breathing techniques etc etc and yet I in positions sometimes of responisbility and I feel, not all the time by any means, just some of the time, a bit guilty or that it should be someone better in these positions.

Customer:

and yet I know I do a good job and it gets noticed sometimes.

Customer:

I will take your word for getting older can be liberating.

Dr.Keane :

that is you questioning your worth and as we have talked about before, you have a history of being told you can't do this, not good enough for that etc. You have to shrug those thoughts off and I know it isn't easy, nor will it happen overnight. What is that saying? With age comes wisdom and I must say it's true. You know you do a good job and you have to sell yourself and your confidence all the time, everyone does (unless you are a narcissist, they believe the delusions!!)

Customer:

also after next week I am working lots for 3 weeks covering for some work colleagues and won't have much computer access. I've practically reasoned it out that I can still post to you after work at 5ish but still wonder if that would be okay - see, told you silly thoughts.

Dr.Keane :

not silly, you are a worrier by nature, I'll see your posts, I may not be able to answer right away but I get them and I'll respond...

Dr.Keane :

I won't be on the computer much next week either so we'll play tag, just make sure you post a question so I can answer, like in the days before JA began the "chat" component.

Customer:

'm not a narcissist. This is how I know I do a good job: my kids group has waiting lists, kids keep coming. In the library, well I wouldn't be asked to take on extra things if I didn't do a good job and customers like what I can do.

Customer:

Okay, well certainly Monday and Tuesday I won't be here and if I am it really won't be much. Got some plans with friends.

Customer:

Thank you for reassuring me that you'll still get my posts and still don't mind me posting to you.

Dr.Keane :

I am sorry to say that I have to get off line in a minute, I know you are not a narcissist! You are a very good, dedicated worker and I am sure a good friend. You are a product of your "youthful environment" and that is the way it is, you deal with your self esteem issues and grow....glad you are going to meet up with your friends and have some fun!!!

Customer:

I'm glad that you seem to be going to have a nice time.

Customer:

what does product of my youthful environment mean?

Dr.Keane :

I'll need a vacation after the vacation! Just to relax!!! lol but yes, I'm looking forward to a great week. I'll check back in when I can. I hope you have a great time with your friends. Enjoy. Glad we were able to connect.

Customer:

lol

Customer:

Thank you!

Dr.Keane :

very welcome, bye for now.

Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.