Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane Only thoughts and perhaps some interest for

Dear Dr. Keane, My thoughts regarding myself have been focussed a bit on growth. I do think I am growing and want and need to grow more. I also think I need to try to have more self-belief and to stop thinking negative things like I can't do this, or shouldn't be doing that just because of how I feel at times and what I'm working through. I seem to be well thought of by some people who had secretly volunteered me to help out at yet another group for young children. I'm considering it but sensibly whether I have the time for it or not along with my other commitments. It's nice though. For work (which is also going okay) and everything really I feel I need to somehow keep working on the self-belief aspect of self-talk. The thought of having to do something like for instance self-talk etc forever scares/worries me a little bit. Sometimes I feel like blaming myself for getting so much ingrained into me, I know that sounds silly because I know that behaviours and patterns develop from a young age and it's partly nature/nurture, internal/external influences, but can be changed, which obviously I'm working on doing. And even though I am sure I do good things and there are things like being in charge of things or having responsibility for things I look and think, gosh I must be able to do this or that because I'm there doing it. It sometimes surprises me in a way because of all that I'm trying to work on and how I feel at times. I know, as I said I need to work a lot on the self-belief because sometimes I think things like: what if I'm wrong in my thinking and then have to find ways to check almost (think that's how to describe it, that's the gist anyway). I think I may be growing, I think I am seeing that now and what you've been saying helps a lot. Perhaps I need to allow myself "feel" it more, not sure. Oh one other thing for this post and this too is important to me. Not next week but the week after I am for 3 weeks working a lot, then it gets a lot quieter again. If I post anything it is likely to be after 5pm (my time) on some of the days although on Thursdays can be in your morning would you still get it and if I post anything during my morning (obviously you'd still be asleep I hope at that time), would you still get it, even if a moderator decides to send a message to you as she invariably does if a post sits for awhile. Anyway you are busy, so trying not to make my post too long. I very, much hope that you are keeping well. If you are and you are busy at work, then I hope it's going well for you. I say this just because I care. I hope that you have nice weather. We did for a little while but now it's my turn to say rain ad-nauseum. Torchwood news,there may not be another series for some time as the person who makes it is interested in other projects, but another series doesn't seem to be totally ruled out for the future. I have a friend who may know more. I'll find out for you. Have you ever seen The Forsyte Saga? It was on here years ago, it's a period piece. I never saw the original, but the 2002/03 remake has Damien Lewis - the British actor in Homeland who I think you were thinking was very good if memory serves me correctly. He's also very good in that. I thought I would mention it incase you were interested and can get it on the likes of Netflix or somewhere. Hope you enjoy Fourth July and get to see some good fireworks. Many thanks.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I will keep trying to get online when you are online. This week is tough due to holiday schedule and plans. I hear you and can see how hard you work at maintaining status quo in your life and how hard you work on all the strategies you were given. It may be that you will have to do this forever but it also may lessen as you go forward. We'll chat about it, hopefully this week. Sorry to have missed you yet again!
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.