Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
65628425

Do you think that the stress from work and friends would take

Do you think that the stress from work and friends would take away my feelings for my wife? Why i don't love her anymore? What can i do so i could feel myself happy about our relationship? is this a mental problem?

Heidi LPC :

Hi there! I hope to be of some assistance to you here... how long have you been married?

Customer:

one year

Customer:

i work as a truck driver and she is always at home

Heidi LPC :

I ask because marriage generally ebbs and flows... through closeness and then more distance... and then back again. This is the normal course... and your marriage is still very young, and so you are just beginning this journey!

Customer:

i feel very unhappy and i don't want to hurt her

Customer:

what should i do so we could get our feeling back

Heidi LPC :

You are unhappy... but sometimes it isn't the marriage that causes our unhappiness, but yet we blame it. Could this be the case here?

Customer:

may be, i fell she is great on everything but i just feel that I don't love her anymore

Heidi LPC :

New marriages have the added stress of having to learn how to work through periods of distance, but to be able to trust that sometimes we will need space, and then we can be close again.

Customer:

could my stress from work be a problem?

Heidi LPC :

It just happens as a natural response... in any relationship. Friendships, too, need distance sometimes, to stay strong.

Customer:

so should we take a brake from our marriage for a couple of months?

Customer:

just not talk with each other

Customer:

?

Heidi LPC :

Sure; your job could be a cause of pressure...if you feel stress, you may be just out of sorts in general and need to get some rest and recovery. And, no... I am not suggesting a complete break from the marriage, just a little bit of space for you to recharge your own batteries.

Customer:

how could you describe this space?

Customer:

should we go on vacation together?

Heidi LPC :

It is important to remind yourself that you can't look for others to 'complete' you, so to speak. You have to feel whole on your own to feel good together. A vacation may be a great idea!!

Heidi LPC :

Maybe you both need some stress relief!

Customer:

thank you for your advice, i will try to do everything for that

Customer:

may be

Heidi LPC :

All I am saying is that marriage is a pattern of close and apart... for the duration of it... so good luck, and I wish you happiness!!!

Customer:

thank you

Heidi LPC :

My best to you both!! :-)

Customer:

thank you a lot