Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

Do you have any thoughts or tips on how to get through the

Do you have any thoughts or tips on how to get through the night until you can contact somebody when dealing with thoughts of overdosing and self-harm?

Heidi LPC :

Hi there... hoping to be of some help to you with your question. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling right now, and my best advice is to stay focused on keeping your body calm in this moment, and to do things that you find comforting and nurturing, while making sure to take deep breaths and remind yourself that this feeling is temporary.

Heidi LPC :

I am attaching a link to some stress relief information; some great ideas to help you to get in touch with your ability to cope right now and to remain resilient to whatever you are facing:

Heidi LPC :

Treat yourself gently and do some gentle stretching. If you feel too anxious, maybe a walk or a jog might help work off some of the stress chemicals you are releasing in your body.

Heidi LPC :

Remind yourself that as soon as you can take action to fix this issue, you will. And, until then, you must just focus on what you can control... which is your breathing and your choice of activity.

Heidi LPC :

Feelings are temporary; circumstances are, as well. This, too, shall pass... and until then, just get through each five minutes at a time.

Heidi LPC :

I wish you all my very best... and until you can take action, take good care :-)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX just needed reminding... Sorry.

I am happy to help, Catherine!! Smile No need to apologize!! I hope my reply gave you a few of the reminders that you needed!! Take good care of yourself, as you would any friend in need... and trust that everything will go just as it should... :-)