DrFee, Psychologist
Experience:  I help people overcome anxiety and enjoy life again.

i want to ask about emdr,i do 6 sessions but i my time was

i want to ask about emdr,i do 6 sessions but i my time was short so i had to com back since that i feel depersionlization,because the truame happend infront my house so what shoud i do?

Hello! Please remember that my response is for information only, we are not establishing a therapeutic relationship.

I need a little more information in order to help you. It sounds like the 6 sessions has not been enough to process your trauma --this is not unusual.

Are you saying that you experienced some depersonalization after the EMDR?

Are you asking for help about how to go to your house (is it the house you currently live in) ?

Whatever your answers, I would encourage you to contact your therapist as this person has the most information about you and can best help. But, I will try to help you if you can give me a bit more information.

Dr Fee

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok but can emdr remove the fear of the truma as depression?

Hello --I'm sorry I've been offline for afew days.

Yes, EMDR is excellent at removing fear of the trauma. Prolonged fear can trigger depression, of course. Depression can also result just from the trauma itself. Addressing the trauma can help the depression, but it may also be useful to take medication for depression.