llw26
llw26, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LPC-September 2011. I am in the process of obtaining my doctorate in psychology. Forensic, Neuropsychology, Adult.

A friend told me he had a Limited Personal Dissorder and also anxiety dissorder. What kind

A friend told me he had a Limited Personal Dissorder and also anxiety dissorder. What kind of dissorder is this because I can't find it on the internet.
I hope to get an answer soon
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  llw26 replied 2 years ago.

llw26 :

Hello -- What did he mean when he said he had a limited personal disorder? I have never heard of such diagnosis.

llw26 :

Did he describe what type of anxiety disorder he has? There are many in the diagnostic and statistical manual (what is used to diagnose).

Customer:

He told me also that he had a Bipolar dissorder...

llw26 :

Okay, did he say what type of bipolar disordeR?

Customer:

He can travel by bus and work but he doesn't talk with people

Customer:

he only said he was not psycotic...sorry but English is not my normal language..I make faults

Customer:

He can't express himself with the right words

Customer:

he feels empty inside ...no feelings

llw26 :

Okay so my guess with not having met him is that he has an anxiety disorder that includes agoraphobia (the fear of having a panic attack in the presence of others).

Customer:

he can't stay long in a group of people

Customer:

he locks himself up in his room

Customer:

no social life

llw26 :

That's okay about your english, I am understanding what you're saying. The bipolar -- includes a form of mania (feeling as though you're on top of the world) and then depressive symptoms (where you feel like crap and don't want to leave the house).

Customer:

yes I learned about it on the internet

llw26 :

Ah okay, so what specifically is your question?

Customer:

He is a bit changed since we met on the internet 2 years ago

Customer:

he wrote me that I'm the most important person next to his family

llw26 :

Wow. It sounds like he has a severe case of agoraphobia

Customer:

Well we both are also on Youtube uploading our songs.

llw26 :

That's a good way of communicating with him

Customer:

And since 2 months I understand that he is communicating by songs

llw26 :

Is that his only way of communicating?

Customer:

I found it very strange because in writing he is cold and in the choise of his songs he is the opposite

Customer:

for the moment yes...it was to confused for me to write with him

Customer:

he likes to stay distant far from real things

llw26 :

It sounds like he is dealing with a lot right now.

Customer:

and people

llw26 :

when you say real things; do you mean things based in reality?

Customer:

yes

llw26 :

Do you know how old he is?

Customer:

28

Customer:

it's already 10 years he lives like that

llw26 :

Okay, does he spend a lot of time based in another reality? Or his own world?

Customer:

work family and his room

Customer:

music and me

Customer:

for everybody his songs are great to listen to

llw26 :

Well, the good thing is that he works -- is this out of the home?

llw26 :

It's probably his only area where he feel comfortable expressing himself

Customer:

yes...he wrote that he did not have a problem by taking the bus and go to work

Customer:

yes his room is his world

Customer:

he doesn't want people close by him

llw26 :

Does he have an autism or aspergers diagnosis as well?

Customer:

I don't know....I heard already about Aspergers but need to look at the symptoms of that

Customer:

Do you think that my answers trough music help him??

Customer:

He communicate and that is already something

llw26 :

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/tc/aspergers-syndrome-topic-overview

llw26 :

It is good that he is communicating with people through music; as this sounds like it is his only way of communication.

llw26 :

But I think he also needs to speak with people outside of the internet -- I think that since you're someone he trusts you could help him see that

Customer:

i have the link thank you

llw26 :

youre welcome

Customer:

No he doesn't want to do that. I also send him a few letters and he doesn't reply on them.

Customer:

I hear the song he uploads that he has received the letter and that he is happy with it

llw26 :

While he might not want to do it...it's important for his mental and physical well-being.

llw26 :

That is good.

Customer:

I know...I know

Customer:

He has a reason to live

llw26 :

That is good too!

Customer:

in the beginning he told me that he was tired of his room

Customer:

now he has a reason to live I think

Customer:

It's better then nothing

llw26 :

I think that's good; if he ever suggests that he doesn't, I would suggest that you tell him to seek out assistance at his nearest emergency room

Customer:

I think our communication by music gives him a boost

llw26 :

I would agree.

Customer:

he still lives at home and he has medication for bipolarity and he takes also a sleeping pill

Customer:

he wrote that he gets up in the morning at 200 miles an hour

llw26 :

That is good, as it will help him with stabilizing his mood and helping him to sleep.

Customer:

I think he crawled out of bed before

llw26 :

That would be the mania.

Customer:

no because he was always very calm while we were chatting

Customer:

no exitment

llw26 :

but he's waking at 200 miles an hour?

Customer:

Before he was down but since 2 months with the music he is no more down

llw26 :

that is good.

llw26 :

it sounds like the music is his outlet

Customer:

yes I know it sounds manic but it isn't

Customer:

yes for 1O years

llw26 :

good!

Customer:

there are a lot of people from the US that are asking for advice about music

llw26 :

So what else can I assist you with?

llw26 :

yes music is a great outlet for those with mental health problems

llw26 :

and others in general

Customer:

ok that was my question...

Customer:

it will not cure him but makes his life comfortable

Customer:

thank you very much

llw26 :

Right; there is no cure for bipolar disorder...just something that will help him is all you can do! The medication will help too.

llw26 :

You're welcome!

Customer:

I wish you a good evening because here it's almost 5 AM

Customer:

Bye

llw26 :

Wow! Have a great day!

llw26 :

Goodbye

Customer:

You too!!! Goodbye

llw26, Mental Health Professional
Experience: LPC-September 2011. I am in the process of obtaining my doctorate in psychology. Forensic, Neuropsychology, Adult.